201 twenty-one progress

tuffsim

Wonder when the name changes... from what I understand the trend is in... it was "luxury apartments" and now it's "affordable apartments"

Maybe someone is realizing that not that many people want to pay $1700+ a month in rent in Hampton Roads. Renters have to actually make enough money to pay for the place, unlike homebuyers of the few years past.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Omg! It's...It's...Brick! :cry: I'm just so overcome with emotion that this thing didn't turn into crappy eifs panels that I don't know what to do with myself. :lol: Looking good already, though it looks like they have some wind damage that they need to fix.

Omg! It's...It's...Brick! :cry: I'm just so overcome with emotion that this thing didn't turn into crappy eifs panels that I don't know what to do with myself. :lol: Looking good already, though it looks like they have some wind damage that they need to fix.

I feel the same way. I LOVE that they are using good materials. I hope the cornices up top are acentuated a little too. Looking like another great lowrise project for Norfolk. Keep them coming and we can be a mini European city.

I used to drive by the construction site on my way to work over the summer and then when I came home from school this semester to see that it was going to be a residential development, I got very excited at the great location and will most likely be looking into this as more information becomes available from the developer. Then I just found this thread and see how far the history goes back on this project - wow! Keep the info coming!

mlsimons - Hey man, this is Brett - thanks for reminding me about this forum! I'll most likely be on it a lot in my spare time this upcoming semester.

I am still trying to figure out how parking will work in that area...

There's a parking garage included in the development, as part of the conditions of qualifying for a tax credit they turned the Farm Fresh/Sears into a parking garage, keeping the old building's shell.

There's a parking garage included in the development, as part of the conditions of qualifying for a tax credit they turned the Farm Fresh/Sears into a parking garage, keeping the old building's shell.

Really?

I have been trying to see it, but I can not. It must be very small.

If you look at the building today (01-08-09) you will see a concrete part and a wooden part.

The concrete part is the original bones to the sears building. The wooden part is the new added on part.

The concrete part will be the parking garage.

When will they have the website up...so we can look at floor plans and prices???

Them joints are gonna be listed for

images.jpeg

One million dollars a month!

I sent an email to my property management company saying for a slight reduction in rent I'd be happy to sign for another year. They wouldn't have to worry about a late payment, and I'm never late (which might be a bad thing in their eyes).

No reply.

Meanwhile they continue to loose people in all of their properties (record number of empties) and are trying to stand firm on prices. Even tho times are rough and aren't going to get better.

If they dropped the rent $200/month, versus having it empty for 4 months, they'd make money. It would provide a record that the rents are down though, so maybe they are trying to avoid this (property was bought for $300,000... current rents probably exceed $30,000/month).

Hopefully all of these new buildings will put the pressure on them. In the meantime, it's almost cheaper to move to Northern Virginia / DC.

Meanwhile they continue to loose people in all of their properties (record number of empties) and are trying to stand firm on prices. Even tho times are rough and aren't going to get better.

Maybe if they lower your rent then their property can be assessed lower, and they can get a tax break...maybe that's already happening minus your lower'd rent.

Maybe if they lower your rent then their property can be assessed lower, and they can get a tax break...maybe that's already happening minus your lower'd rent.

I don't think so, because I've heard people say they were leaving cause of rent increase attempts.

I think one or two people have moved in, not sure if they lost homes or what.

I sent an email to my property management company saying for a slight reduction in rent I'd be happy to sign for another year. They wouldn't have to worry about a late payment, and I'm never late (which might be a bad thing in their eyes).

No reply.

If they dropped the rent $200/month, versus having it empty for 4 months, they'd make money. It would provide a record that the rents are down though, so maybe they are trying to avoid this (property was bought for $300,000... current rents probably exceed $30,000/month).

Hopefully all of these new buildings will put the pressure on them. In the meantime, it's almost cheaper to move to Northern Virginia / DC.

Very effective negotiating. So, where are you moving to escape being an oppressed and over-charged tenant?

If you look at the building today (01-08-09) you will see a concrete part and a wooden part.

The concrete part is the original bones to the sears building. The wooden part is the new added on part.

The concrete part will be the parking garage.

Original Sear Structure was designed to take the load of an additional two floors. It had the necessary embeds for the rebard, but were un usable. SMandF did the design loads to ensure that the parking loads were not a problem.

The website will come on line shortly.

The exterior will have four different colors of brick with four different hardie-panel colors. The hardie panel system, prefinished, uses a reglett that gives the appearance of a formed in place concrete walls. No other building in Norfolk has it.

By the way, there is a swimming pool, outside "electronic" bar with internet hook-up, and fire pits in a center courtyard.

Just a little insider information..........

Original Sear Structure was designed to take the load of an additional two floors. It had the necessary embeds for the rebard, but were un usable. SMandF did the design loads to ensure that the parking loads were not a problem.

The website will come on line shortly.

The exterior will have four different colors of brick with four different hardie-panel colors. The hardie panel system, prefinished, uses a reglett that gives the appearance of a formed in place concrete walls. No other building in Norfolk has it.

By the way, there is a swimming pool, outside "electronic" bar with internet hook-up, and fire pits in a center courtyard.

Just a little insider information..........

Welcome to the forum and thinks for the info

Archived