New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

Just got a letter from the Tracage development. All the nescessary sales and permits are in place and they will be demolishing the building on the site soon to begin construction.

Can someone briefly tell me how to attach images and links to replies on this forum?

thx in advance

:shades:

Can someone briefly tell me how to attach images and links to replies on this forum?

thx in advance

For posting links, use the following code format:

[url=http://www.what-ever-your-link-is-here]Click here for whatever my link is![/url]
And for posting images, use the following code format:
[img=http://www.what-ever-your-link-is-here/image-name.jpg]

If you don't want to type out the codes above, there are buttons above the text box when you're posting. The one that looks like a globe with a chain link in front of it is the 'Insert Link' button and the one that looks like a small picture of a tree is the 'Insert Image' button. As well there is also the 'Insert Email' button between those two if you're sharing an email address.

Urban Planet also has a test forum where you can experiment with these things, and it's located here.

Hope this helps ya!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Henner Building renovations to add much needed housing to CBD

The 110-year-old Latter & Blum building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings, was sold Thursday to a group that plans to convert the property in a 108-apartment complex with office and retail space.

Maritime Building LLC, led by local architect Marcel Wisznia of Wisznia & Associates, purchased the building at 800 Common St. for an undisclosed sum and will embark on a $34 million conversion that could involve the addition of a 12th floor.

Originally known as The Hennen Building, it was finished in 1895 on the corner of Common and Carondelet is considered to be New Orleans first skyscraper and the first building to reach 10 stories. The building was known during its heyday for its rooftop restaurant venue, which offered good views of the Central Business District. It's made of brick, steel and concrete and decorated medallions of pelicans, eagles and Roman profiles.

the link in the TP:

http://www.nola.com/business/t-p/index.ssf....xml&coll=1

Henner Building renovations to add much needed housing to CBD

The 110-year-old Latter & Blum building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings, was sold Thursday to a group that plans to convert the property in a 108-apartment complex with office and retail space.

Maritime Building LLC, led by local architect Marcel Wisznia of Wisznia & Associates, purchased the building at 800 Common St. for an undisclosed sum and will embark on a $34 million conversion that could involve the addition of a 12th floor.

Originally known as The Hennen Building, it was finished in 1895 on the corner of Common and Carondelet is considered to be New Orleans first skyscraper and the first building to reach 10 stories. The building was known during its heyday for its rooftop restaurant venue, which offered good views of the Central Business District. It's made of brick, steel and concrete and decorated medallions of pelicans, eagles and Roman profiles.

the link in the TP:

http://www.nola.com/business/t-p/index.ssf....xml&coll=1

Incidently, I drove past this project today and they have begun tearing down the structure that is there, now, to make way for Tracage to begin construction.

That's great news. I haven't been around that area in quite some time now, so I haven't had a chance to see what's going on with the Tracage project. I'm dying to finally see a crane go up for one of these condo towers! :D

BTW, nice to see you back, Sean!

That's great news. I haven't been around that area in quite some time now, so I haven't had a chance to see what's going on with the Tracage project. I'm dying to finally see a crane go up for one of these condo towers! :D

BTW, nice to see you back, Sean!

They list a couple of proposed high rises on Emporis I haven't heard anything about.

Commerce at Girod Condo Tower - 28 floors

1501 St. Louis - 30 floors

Does anyone know what the status is on these?

I think Commerce and Girod was actually Girod and South Peters, that project was killed because it was too tall for the area of the warehouse district. I believe the guy has a new building planned there called the Geneva. The other tower on St Louis I believe is actually part of a planned tower complex on top of the Winn Dixie by the Munincipal Auditorium.

^It sure is. It's great to finally see work begin on one of the large condo tower projects in New Orleans. Now, lets go Vantage, and Crescent City Towers, and of course, Trump New Orleans!

BTW, tennis, have you seen them in the city yourself!? I know Brad Pitt will be in New Orleans for the next few months filming his movie, and from what I've heard, the entire family is in the city with him. I sure wouldn't mind running in to Angelina Jolie on the street! :lol:

^It sure is. It's great to finally see work begin on one of the large condo tower projects in New Orleans. Now, lets go Vantage, and Crescent City Towers, and of course, Trump New Orleans!

BTW, tennis, have you seen them in the city yourself!? I know Brad Pitt will be in New Orleans for the next few months filming his movie, and from what I've heard, the entire family is in the city with him. I sure wouldn't mind running in to Angelina Jolie on the street! :lol:

Is the Crescent City Tower actually going to be red as depicted in their promotional rendering?

Also, drove down Tulane Ave. from Claiborne to Carrolton yesterday and ,yes, it still looks awful. It sure would be nice if it could be revitalized.

Good news about Tracage getting started. I'm surprised it won't be complete until 2009. I thought Trump was going to be finished in '08.

Is the Crescent City Tower actually going to be red as depicted in their promotional rendering?

Also, drove down Tulane Ave. from Claiborne to Carrolton yesterday and ,yes, it still looks awful. It sure would be nice if it could be revitalized.

Good news about Tracage getting started. I'm surprised it won't be complete until 2009. I thought Trump was going to be finished in '08.

I don't understand either, trump is starting later and is much bigger ,but the tracage won't be finished before trump international.

What exactly gave New Orleans that boost several hundred years ago? Just wondering.I always found it interesting though that both B.R. and O.N. were discovered/founded around the realtively same time. I guess all I can say for B.R. is be happy Standard Oil came along. :D

I still can't believe it(well I guess I can) a Trump. That is going to be nice.

Edited by dan326

What exactly gave New Orleans that boost several hundred years ago?

The same thing that continues to keep it going as a powerful city today, the port. New Orleans' location along the Mississippi allowed it to thrive, and if you really want to think about how important New Orleans was at that time, remember that countries fought entire wars over control of New Orleans. Islands in the Caribbean depended entirely on New Orleans so that they could export their crops, whatever they may be, and they still do today. New Orleans is the largest Latin American trading port in the country, even larger than Miami.

One thing to remember about Baton Rouge, is that after it was settled, it didn't immediately thrive and grow like New Orleans did, it really just remained a small fort along the river for quite some time. New Orleans' position as the largest and most important city in the state today goes all the way back to the 1600's, as does Baton Rouge's position in the state. It's very interesting to think about just how much the current Louisiana is still influenced by things that happened well over 300 years ago.