New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

I think they would if they were given the right incentives. We should try to expand our medical district to lure more research companies and things like that here, then the people will come. Good schools, well paid, good infastructure and overall just a very good quality of life.

And most of all crime. No one wants to go to a city with "RUMORS" of crime even in tourist areas.

I think by 2010 New Orleans should be hitting the rebound really hard, not that we aren't right now.

I think they would if they were given the right incentives. We should try to expand our medical district to lure more research companies and things like that here, then the people will come. Good schools, well paid, good infastructure and overall just a very good quality of life.

And most of all crime. No one wants to go to a city with "RUMORS" of crime even in tourist areas.

I think by 2010 New Orleans should be hitting the rebound really hard, not that we aren't right now.

I really think that crime is the major thing that is holding us back. Our schools are horrible but, some of the middle-most uppermiddle- and rich send their kids to private schools, New Orleans has wonderful private schools. we need to fire the district attorney , demote the police chief, get a new govenor , and give pay raises to teachers and police officers then we will shurely be on that road to recovery. I really don't have a problem with our mayor personally, sometimes he makes good decisions sometimes he dosen't.

Edited by eastover neworleans

I noticed that as well, and prior to that, I had never seen a logo on that tower either. They were putting a logo at the top of Place Saint Charles back in late May, but then took it down again. Why, I don't know. But it looks like this one is now there to stay.

Another new tower for Warehouse District approved

http://www.crescentcitycondos.com/articles.htm

HRI Properties, the high-profile development company led by Pres Kabacoff, wants to build a 357,000-square-foot building with 221 apartments on the lower five floors, 105 condos on the upper five floors and a 509-space parking garage.

I'm guessing that it will end up being a 15 story tower, including the lower parking garage, and probably top out at about 150 feet. That's a perfect height and size for the Warehouse District. :thumbsup:

Is that the old Ice House Condos project. I think that will be a great area to put new condos. I need some more neighbors so i can get a small grocery/pharmacy. Then I wont have to drive anywhere cept school.

Cheers,

Derek

BTW Im going to post my construction update letters from Tracage as I get them.

This was brought up a couple of weeks ago, and it is now official; Place St. Charles, the second tallest tower in New Orleans at 645 feet, will now be Capital One Tower. Capital One has its banking HQ's in New Orleans, and it will obviously be in this tower.

CAP.jpg

Wow that is really high. French Quarter looks so dense.

BTW Kate Winslett just leased the condo next to me for three months. Im so going to play Titanic loudly on my TV one night!!

Is anything moving happening for West End? It couldn't look more deplorable as it is now and such a prime location. It's an ideal site for a large condo and entertainment project. There was another large developement planned on the west side of the Seabrook bridge. Anything more on that one?

Looks like they're moving forward on that 26 floor hotel on Royal at Canal. What about the proposed hotel at the end of Canal across from Harrah's?

Just rainy day musings.

:shades:

The main impediment for anything in the Westy End area is insurance. Since the facilities lie outside the levees, insurance is very expensive. I do agree though that the area could be so nice if done correctly. Coconut Beach was so much fun. Do you know what brand the Hotel on Royal is going to be.

The main impediment for anything in the Westy End area is insurance. Since the facilities lie outside the levees, insurance is very expensive. I do agree though that the area could be so nice if done correctly. Coconut Beach was so much fun. Do you know what brand the Hotel on Royal is going to be.

They're calling it the Royal Cosmopolitan. See 12/21 article at nola.com

Looks like they could do a high-rise on west end with mainly parking on the lower floors. It used to be so vibrant out there. You had to pay to park!

Are they rebuilding Joe's Crab Shack? Great location. I saw where the Steak Knife relocated on West End across from the Marina Grill where the Voo Doo Barbeque used to be.

And work on the project is coming along nicely on Canal, especially at the foot of Canal by Harrah's and Canal Place. :thumbsup:

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

Canal Street is coming along quite nicely Saks has opened the Ritz has reopened and is looking better that ever and the krauss building is getting renovated. One thing that concerns me is those damn cheap looking liquor stores on Canal and the hip hop shops makes it look horrible. The foot of canal is nice and always hs been, I would like to see Canal street up to claiborne just with Grand hotels , boutiques and nice luxuary condos . I think that will make canal the grand blvd that it once was,

Edited by eastover neworleans

Does anyone know if construction has started on Lakeshore Towers in Slidell. It looks like quite an ambitious project. Twin 25 floor towers on an island replete with many amenities including boating facilities.

In the CBD, I think by next May most of the big projects, like Trump, will have started. I'm also looking forward to the renderings of the 38 floor tower going up at 930 Poydras.

Does anyone know if construction has started on Lakeshore Towers in Slidell. It looks like quite an ambitious project. Twin 25 floor towers on an island replete with many amenities including boating facilities.

In the CBD, I think by next May most of the big projects, like Trump, will have started. I'm also looking forward to the renderings of the 38 floor tower going up at 930 Poydras.

I am looking forward to having the 38 story tower on poydras. I am also looking forward to seeing the new renderings of the jazz park they were suppose to be out on jan 1st.