Changes at 50 Monroe?

GRDadof3

And post 37 says:

Word from my source is that Macatawa now has a "significant tenant" lined up for their project. They have always planned on having a second major tenant along with themselves. They are in a race of sorts against another development to land this tenant and it appears that they have won that race. And, in re: to the Huntington Bank building, may I remind you of my less than calculated quote from last week: "A game of can you top this" is about to start.

This should be fun to watch.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 50 Munroe is still simmering eh? Anyway. I'm shooting from the hip when it comes to guessing the tallness of 50 Munroe should it be for real. Maccatawa is no Bank of America in size and power so eleminate the gaint glitzy 700 footers and 1000 footers from the list. Besides GR's skyline is not ready for supertalls yet. Mac seems to be a moderate sized bank so I'm guessing that they would need a 100,000 sq feet of space to house their corporate headquarters. If they where going to be the sole tenents of the building, I'd say we would see somthing the size and shape of the current Hunington Bank building. Ronovating that building would work for them just fine.

But the wild card here is that Mac wants a "significant tenent" to keep them company. What does that mean? It could anything from Wolverine to sombody as big as Meijer or Alticore. But I won't go crazy and get my hopes up on teneant biggness. So sorry Fred and Mr. Devos. But you're out. Thus I'm going to take a more realistic route and say this "significant tenent" whom ever they be is similar in size to Mac. What does that mean to the building size? Lets bump the required space up to 250,000 square ft. But incase Mac wants a number of smaller tenents included just for drill we'll bump our space up to 300,000 sq. ft.

At 300,000 sq. ft. I'm going to say that we may see a building the same height as the Huningtion Bank building that will fill in the entire block north of the BOB or to keep the dream of tallness alive we'll throw in an entry plaza on the north side of the block across the street from the new GRAM to reduce the building footprint a bit to force it up to the same height as the McKay Tower.

So what do you think they want to build? tall, short, somewhat tall...ect...

The one in Holland Twp is probably close to 100,000 square feet. Just as a comparison, Northpointe Bank just built its new HQ at Beltline and I-96, and it's about 65,000 square feet. I don't think Northpointe is as big either, and Macatawa has a lot bigger branch network.

I may have caught wind of what possible tenant they are thinking of, but it's a locally owned company that probably no one will think of, even though they're growing like crazy.

The one in Holland Twp is probably close to 100,000 square feet. Just as a comparison, Northpointe Bank just built its new HQ at Beltline and I-96, and it's about 65,000 square feet. I don't think Northpointe is as big either, and Macatawa has a lot bigger branch network.

I may have caught wind of what possible tenant they are thinking of, but it's a locally owned company that probably no one will think of, even though they're growing like crazy.

I don't think banks like to cluster together too closely. Chris Knape also mentioned this in his blog:

A big sticking point: Macatawa and next door neighbor Huntington Bank will not want to share space in a combined development. Bankers don't like to share space with one another.

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/knapescorner/..._11.html#207292

I think that rules out Chase.

Archived