Changes at 50 Monroe?

GRDadof3

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I had a thought about 50 Monroe the other day which made sense to me (but probably no sense to anyone else).

A great way to build a new building but save the existing tenants would be to:

1. knock down the "building" on the west side.

2. Put existing tenants in the eastern "building" during construction (knowing that some will leave because of the burden, there should be space).

3. Construct a new tower on the northern edge of the property on the current parking lot and part of the old western footprint.

4. Move the tenants from the eastern "building" into the new building, knock down the east building and sell the property to Macatawa?

Make sense? :wacko: You can call me Joe Faust, or maybe Joe Buchanan. ;)

Joe

I had a thought about 50 Monroe the other day which made sense to me (but probably no sense to anyone else).

A great way to build a new building but save the existing tenants would be to:

1. knock down the "building" on the west side.

2. Put existing tenants in the eastern "building" during construction (knowing that some will leave because of the burden, there should be space).

3. Construct a new tower on the northern edge of the property on the current parking lot and part of the old western footprint.

4. Move the tenants from the eastern "building" into the new building, knock down the east building and sell the property to Macatawa?

Make sense? :wacko: You can call me Joe Faust, or maybe Joe Buchanan. ;)

Joe

• 3 months later...

There is a little update on Chris's blog about 50 Monroe. He hopes to hear some thing in the next couple of weeks. Sounds like it will depend on what happends with the new tower along the River at 275 Fulton.

"Huntington has to fish or cut bait on its future plans for that building. What Huntington ultimately decides could play a role in what Macatawa Bank does with the former Custer Office Interiors building it owns at Louis and Ottawa."

You can read the blog here:

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/knapescorner/

There is a little update on Chris's blog about 50 Monroe. He hopes to hear some thing in the next couple of weeks. Sounds like it will depend on what happends with the new tower along the River at 275 Fulton.

"Huntington has to fish or cut bait on its future plans for that building. What Huntington ultimately decides could play a role in what Macatawa Bank does with the former Custer Office Interiors building it owns at Louis and Ottawa."

You can read the blog here:

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/knapescorner/

• 2 months later...

Archived