Louisiana Cuisine

Mith242

:D:D

I thought I remembered having a photo of the streetcar with the Fatburger sign, and sure enough here it is... click the attachment below:

post-9805-1151696072_thumb.jpg

Ahh yes, I've seen that advertisement before. :D I guess I just never put much thought into what it is.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little info for you ice cream fans...

I just had some of that "Edy's Slow Churned Ice Cream" stuff, and man was it good. :D The "French Silk" flavor has chocolate mocha ice cream, chocolate mouse, vanilla mouse with chocolate chips, and vanilla ice cream. And all with half the fat of regular Ice Cream.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :thumbsup:

Just a little info for you ice cream fans...

I just had some of that "Edy's Slow Churned Ice Cream" stuff, and man was it good. :D The "French Silk" flavor has chocolate mocha ice cream, chocolate mouse, vanilla mouse with chocolate chips, and vanilla ice cream. And all with half the fat of regular Ice Cream.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :thumbsup:

The slow-churned stuff is awesome... the wave of the future. ;)

AWESOME. You suck, man. Now I have to buy some of that tomorrow. We figured last night that we spend about $600/month on eating out alone... and yet I'm going to go out and buy some of that stuff tomorrow. :rolleyes:

The slow-churned stuff is awesome... the wave of the future. ;)

AWESOME. You suck, man. Now I have to buy some of that tomorrow. We figured last night that we spend about $600/month on eating out alone... and yet I'm going to go out and buy some of that stuff tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Yea I really like the slow-churned stuff, I can't believe I had never really tried it before this.

600 bucks/month!? Damn! ;) I usually just stick to a burger and a shake...when I'm not with a young lady of course.

Yea I really like the slow-churned stuff, I can't believe I had never really tried it before this.

600 bucks/month!? Damn! ;) I usually just stick to a burger and a shake...when I'm not with a young lady of course.

Yeah, when we figured up the $600/month we realized that's only a few bucks less than we used to pay in rent every month. I figured I could have a cool new camera a lot faster if we didn't eat out every single day and night.

Nothing wrong with a burger and shake. Our meals usually cost us anywhere from $20-$40... even more when we splurge and go somewhere "nice."

And wouldn't you know, today we went for Mexican at lunch ($25) and Chinese tonight (another $25.) How stupid. That's $50 in one day, just eating. Plus today I had to buy 4 new tires and have the car aligned. There's $430. Then I had the car washed... there's another $20. Then I got a haircut... with tip, $18. Then my wife went to Wal-Mart... $140+. Now do you see why I don't have an expensive camera? :lol: Stupid mistakes.

Yeah, when we figured up the $600/month we realized that's only a few bucks less than we used to pay in rent every month. I figured I could have a cool new camera a lot faster if we didn't eat out every single day and night.

Nothing wrong with a burger and shake. Our meals usually cost us anywhere from $20-$40... even more when we splurge and go somewhere "nice."

And wouldn't you know, today we went for Mexican at lunch ($25) and Chinese tonight (another $25.) How stupid. That's $50 in one day, just eating. Plus today I had to buy 4 new tires and have the car aligned. There's $430. Then I had the car washed... there's another $20. Then I got a haircut... with tip, $18. Then my wife went to Wal-Mart... $140+. Now do you see why I don't have an expensive camera? :lol: Stupid mistakes.

Haha, yea I see what you mean. I usually try to save as much money as I can. I almost never go anywhere "nice" to eat when I'm by myself, if I go out to eat at all. I wash, wax, and vacuum my truck myself, etc. I've always been strict with myself in terms of spending habits. The more money in my pocket at the end of the month, the better! :)

Haha, yea I see what you mean. I usually try to save as much money as I can. I almost never go anywhere "nice" to eat when I'm by myself, if I go out to eat at all. I wash, wax, and vacuum my truck myself, etc. I've always been strict with myself in terms of spending habits. The more money in my pocket at the end of the month, the better! :)

Dude, I'm a mess. :lol: I've become what's wrong with America... seriously. But that can be good because it gives me something to focus my energy on... correcting the problems.

Not to mention, we're paying $180/month for a gym membership that we don't use because we'd rather eat out somewhere and have someone else wash our cars and do our lawn. We've become so lazy. We've made a decision to once again try doing right, starting Monday. We'll see how long it lasts this time... we are creatures of (bad) habit!

By the way... when I was single, I always ate cheap and pinched my pennies until they bled!!!

Not to mention, we're paying $180/month for a gym membership that we don't use because we'd rather eat out somewhere and have someone else wash our cars and do our lawn. We've become so lazy. We've made a decision to once again try doing right, starting Monday. We'll see how long it lasts this time... we are creatures of (bad) habit!

Did you have to do a lot of chores and things like that growing up? As a kid, I didn't have the average kid chores like mowing the yard, but the French Quarter isn't exactly an "average" place to live. But if there was something that my dad thought I could/needed to do...I did it. That stuck with me as I got out of high school, and helps me with many things(like saving money) now.

By the way... when I was single, I always ate cheap and pinched my pennies until they bled!!!

Dang women, always changin everything!

Did you have to do a lot of chores and things like that growing up? As a kid, I didn't have the average kid chores like mowing the yard, but the French Quarter isn't exactly an "average" place to live. But if there was something that my dad thought I could/needed to do...I did it. That stuck with me as I got out of high school, and helps me with many things(like saving money) now.

I did and I didn't. I was required to mow the lawn, but I'd always run off with my friends and never do it. My dad would wind up doing it half the time. But for a while, when I was 13 or 14, I actually mowed lawns for money. Did pretty good at it, because I was cheaper than everyone else. That didn't last long. Once I started chasing the young ladies, it was all over.

Dang women, always changin everything!

No doubt... MAN POWER!!! :lol:

I even was an obsessive runner (up to 6 miles/day... 7 days/week) when I was single, and had no debt to speak of. Of course I only made about $20,000/year too, so I didn't have much means to get into debt.

Hey, so what, I'm back in this thread. But not to read it (aside from your last post,) mind you, rather to tell you about a restaurant I knew nothing about. It looks as if we may have some authentic New Orleans po-boys in this area afterall... albeit at the expense of New Orleans via Katrina.

I don't have a link to post, because it was either in SB Magazine, City Life Magazine, or The Forum News Magazine... I read all of them tonight but have since thrown them away. I've looked for all of these magazines online in the past and could find nothing for either of them.

But anyway, the place is called Kim's Seafood & Po-Boys. Apparently the owners were uprooted by Katrina and went to live with family in Port Arthur. Well, then, Rita uprooted them and sent them to stay with friends in the Shreveport-Bossier area. Three weeks later they were in their own apartment and looking to start their New Orleans seafood & po-boy business back up in this area. They're located next to the new Wing Stop in old central Bossier City. I didn't know anything about them but I now think I will try them.

Diet... what diet (I had Chinese food this evening and am on my second glass of wine.) But at least I'm as calm and relaxed as I can get... :mellow:

^Thanks for the info on that business, Brian. When you check it out, tell us what you think!

And yea, that sounds like one tough diet! ;)

It's tough... real tough.

Tonight I had to decide between Nanking and Chen's. It's a tough job, but someone's got to keep these small businesses going!!!!

Tonight I had to decide between Nanking and Chen's. It's a tough job, but someone's got to keep these small businesses going!!!!

Man, I don't see why they don't just rename Haughton to "Brian." A true Saint! ;)

Man, I don't see why they don't just rename Haughton to "Brian." A true Saint! ;)

Actually Nanking is in Shreveport and Chen's is in Minden. Since they're both more or less the same distance from my house (Minden is actually closer,) it's so hard for me to decide. :)

The only Haughton restaurants I ever visit are Arby's or Waffle House, and I try not to make it a habit of going to either of those.

Brian, you said Bossier has a Wing Stop. Do you ever go there ? Those lemon pepper chicken wings are slammin' !

I love WingStop but I haven't been in a long time. Never been to the one in Bossier, though. When I lived in Shreveport I used to eat at the Shreve City location all the time.

I've never had the lemon pepper, I always just stuck with the 'hot' while my wife loved the 'mild.'

Archived