72 Grandville - Ice House Renovation

PBJ

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is awesome cityslicker. My wife and I were walking around downtown on Sunday and stopped in to look at the progress... I pushed my face into the gap between the brick wall and the plywood - it has so much potential. We will definitely be there next Wednesday.

I sent this out to the people in my office and within 5 minutes, already had 6 responses... I'm guessing 10-15 from Design+ will come for the walk through! Thanks for setting this up! Its definitely a unique and exciting building and I can't wait to see the progress!

Can I make one simple request, though? I would like to ask Martha's if they could donate a few kegs of Founder's Centennial IPA and/or Lucid from New Holland??? Just a few, six at the most.

PS- How great would it be if this location could be used to lure New Holland into DTGR???? It would make the perfect place to go for a cold Mad Hatter (keep it in the beer family!!!)

Can I make one simple request, though? I would like to ask Martha's if they could donate a few kegs of Founder's Centennial IPA and/or Lucid from New Holland??? Just a few, six at the most.

PS- How great would it be if this location could be used to lure New Holland into DTGR???? It would make the perfect place to go for a cold Mad Hatter (keep it in the beer family!!!)

Update V1.2

The Mahogany West Entrance will be varnished tomorrow morning. It looks amazing! Summit Construction has done a fabulous job with the custom mill work on site. Next Step is to polish off the South Entrance for the Open House next week--- The cleaning crew in about a day away from having any extra debris removed...so the building shows better than it ever has in the past! Also the Dumpster pad/exit ramp was poured just hours ago, on the East side of the building. IT looks great and we tried to mimic what was done at 44/56 Grandville Ave, SW.

If anyone cannot make the open house... I would be happy to give them a private tour anytime. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 616.774.8331 (work) ext 1

best,

JHood

Reminder: this is tonight.

The time has come to have another U.P. Happy Hour Walking tour of 72 Grandville Ave, SW

The date has been set to August 1st from 4-6pm. Martha's Vineyard will be supplying lite appetizers and beverages of your choice :). The goal is to get everyone through the space and see how it has transformed since we took ownership back in January. The White Box stage is about a week away from being complete. Our crew is in clean up mode currently and is working hard to have all of the work show well during the open house.

Thanks for your interest, and feel free to ask any questions or propose your user ideas !!

Please contact Sarah Carrington if you will be attending [email protected]

PS You may bring a friend as well...

I had a chance to walk through, but didn't take any photos. One other UPer was there, but I don't think he took any pics either.

The space looked great cleaned up and it'll be interesting to see what moves in. It's a unique space that could be used for a restaurant, bar, retail, etc.

I was also there and I thought it was very impressive. It is amazing how much work they completed inside and I think that it will be a spectacular location for corporate office.

However, I came right from work, so I did not have my camera with me.

I was there too. This place has such great potential, I would love to see it kept in the beer family. I said it before, but if there was a way to lure Bell's or New Holland to this site ... wow. Packed nightly. Work into it somehow a biergarten with picnic tables and the like and you are talking a desintation in itself.

The fact that they kept many historical features intact speaks highly of the vision of the development team... instead of putting up new beams/posts for support, it looks like they sandblasted or power sprayed the old wood ones... can you imagine how many tired workers leaned on these came posts during breaks? That is awesome.

It looks fantastic!!!

I was there too. This place has such great potential, I would love to see it kept in the beer family. I said it before, but if there was a way to lure Bell's or New Holland to this site ... wow. Packed nightly. Work into it somehow a biergarten with picnic tables and the like and you are talking a desintation in itself.

The fact that they kept many historical features intact speaks highly of the vision of the development team... instead of putting up new beams/posts for support, it looks like they sandblasted or power sprayed the old wood ones... can you imagine how many tired workers leaned on these came posts during breaks? That is awesome.

It looks fantastic!!!

Great place. Apparently there were about 200 people at the tour last week. :w00t:

A few pics. Can't believe how cleaned up the place is. This first shot is the same room (coolers?) after and before. Notice the heaved floors have been replaced, and the ceiling was able to be expanded upward:

1063920976_b0732b9c34_b.jpg

345786326_98bbbf2933.jpg

A sampling of the changes in the upstairs spaces (after and before):

1063068181_1fe11a8798_b.jpg

346884300_d6bfb042a7_b.jpg

The dock area, after and before:

1063063881_898f00fae8_b.jpg

345786363_f955c31e9a.jpg

Some interesting finds:

1063055675_c309a6864d_b.jpg

And the new front door on the West side:

1063913884_0c6dc52370.jpg

Can't wait to see who makes this their new home. Nice work! :shades:

Eh, couldn't make it due to insomnia the night before. Figured I'd get some rest when it came rather than push myself to take the tour sleepy.

The photos alone show amazing progress though. I wonder just how much work the floor replacement took (I think you know the floor I'm talking about) and if anything had to be done to prevent it from happening again?

Archived