72 Grandville - Ice House Renovation

PBJ

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if you can upload actually video footage onto this thread? I wanted to take a 5-10 minute tour of the building and capture this on video. After that I would like to post it on this thread....if I am able to.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin

Does anyone know if you can upload actually video footage onto this thread? I wanted to take a 5-10 minute tour of the building and capture this on video. After that I would like to post it on this thread....if I am able to.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks guys! I will use You Tube as my avenue to post video of this project!!

Day 4 of construction finished strong 10 minutes ago. We will be sandblasting the second floor starting Monday 1.15.07 60% of the building has been demoed as of today. 9 thirty yard dumpsters and one forty yard dumpster have been taken off site. I expect about 8-9 more dumpster loads to be hauled off site to complete the 72 Grandville Ave, Demo stage. We have been told by Walsh Construction that the demo and sandblasting stage will be complete in about one month and one week from now :) We sandblast tested a few spots in the stable area about an hour ago. The finished product will look very nice. Our blaster will hit 90% of the building very lightly with silica sand to bring back the lively feel the building once carried! The other 10% will require a medium application of the silica sand to get the bright/rich look we are looking for. I have continued to update my photobucket page with demo pictures daily. Attached is the link to view the photos. I will work on adding video footage tomorrow.

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/ci...andville%20Ave/

Enjoy~

Justin

Sorry, I meant "then" instead of "the". :) I knew you guys sold the buildings, I just thought 206-208 were always part of the transaction. The owners of 206-208 better get their acts together. The building look like crap and that plywood Corporate Color sign needs to go. ;)

Joe

John Green and Doug Gulker own 212-216 and John Mundell (broker) CBRE and his partner?? own 206-208 Grandville. We sold out a few months ago...

Thanks,

Week 3 of Demolition is now complete at 72 Grandville Ave, SW

90% of the heavy demolition is now complete. The old freight elevator and existing stairwells come out late next week ( Feb 1st) Walsh Construction should be about 75% completed with the sandblasting as well by Feb 1st--- The building is really staring to take shape quickly. Marketing activity has stepped up as well and there are several new prospects interested in the space. We signed a listing agreement with Grubb Ellis/Paramount today. It should be interesting on who they bring to the table (tenant or tenant's) aside from who we have spoken with---already!

Attached is a link of all demolition pictures to date. Enjoy----

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/ci...andville%20Ave/

For all interested UP's---I would say we are about 2.5 months away from giving another tour--- At this point the building should be at a white box stage.

Thanks,

Justin

• 3 weeks later...

Good news for a couple of buildings on Grandville Ave:

"On Wednesday, the Downtown Development Authority approved a $50,000 grant to help pay for renovations of the former Anheuser-Busch ice house, 72 Grandville Ave. SW, for a new user. "

"Separately, the DDA approved two $50,000 grants for Raider Development LLC's $2.1 million renovation of buildings at 206 and 208 Grandville Ave. SW, currently home to Corporate Color. "

"Raider plans ground floor retail space, along with offices and residential units on the upper floors."

The complete story is can be found on Mlive:

http://www.mlive.com/business/grpress/inde....xml&coll=6

There will be a lot of activity on Grandville in the coming months, 72 Grandville, 206-208 Grandville, 212-216 Grandville :yahoo:

Archived