72 Grandville - Ice House Renovation

PBJ

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

With Hopson Flats going on across the street, and the Ballet expansion down the road, I sure hope somebody does something cool with this building. I don't know why, but it has always been one of my favorites:

449990943_a5db1d20ff_b.jpg

Also, when I was driving down Grandville a big tree digger was removing the nice trees in front of Custer. Good to see that they won't get the chainsaw just because of road construction. If only they'd drop it in my yard... ;)

Joe

• 1 month later...
With Hopson Flats going on across the street, and the Ballet expansion down the road, I sure hope somebody does something cool with this building. I don't know why, but it has always been one of my favorites:

Also, when I was driving down Grandville a big tree digger was removing the nice trees in front of Custer. Good to see that they won't get the chainsaw just because of road construction. If only they'd drop it in my yard... ;)

Joe

I thought this was interesting from the article:

"We're talking to two different sports bars and a beer company," Wynsma says, adding, "We're in talks with one retail user that would use every inch."

That unidentified potential tenant is a regional company willing to relocate to Grand Rapids exclusively because of the building, Cummings adds.

Very interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Today is a bit busy as the construction clean up begins...and the White box phase comes to an end (soon). Eric will be posting details about an open house invite coming up towards the middle of July. Stay tuned for details...and updates

Best,

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

The time has come to have another U.P. Happy Hour Walking tour of 72 Grandville Ave, SW

The date has been set to August 1st from 4-6pm. Martha's Vineyard will be supplying lite appetizers and beverages of your choice :). The goal is to get everyone through the space and see how it has transformed since we took ownership back in January. The White Box stage is about a week away from being complete. Our crew is in clean up mode currently and is working hard to have all of the work show well during the open house.

Thanks for your interest, and feel free to ask any questions or propose your user ideas !!

Please contact Sarah Carrington if you will be attending [email protected]

PS You may bring a friend as well...

Best,

Justin Hood

Archived