Carolina Hurricanes

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Need to get out and support the canes. Cheap tickets for games available and this is the best time as playoffs are in hand if they can maintain in the top 8.

I say they will be 7th at end of season and they will play NJ Devils the first round.

If it is Atlanta, can you spell "ROAD TRIP" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The SE race will come down to the very end but I am predicting Atlanta dying off. They picked the wrong time in the season to collapse but thats typical Atlanta. I predict that Buffalo will not win the Stanley Cup and think Carolina has a legimate shot if going in as a 3rd seed (they are kind of the Edmonton of last season).

I'm worried about ATL. They have to get the Chemistry right, but MAN did they add some talent in the last 48 hrs. I assume we're done with trades. The only thing I could see happening is maybe Hutchinson and Carter for a really good forward, or something like that. Although, Rutherford has clearly been enamored with Carter for years. Now that he has him he probably wants to ride out this year and see how Carter does.

Man, they have to start playing better. I think they will make the playoffs. I would like to see ATL and TB make it, less TB out fo the SE. I think Buffalo will get beat in 3rd or 2nd round of conference, but they are awesome. I am thinking maybe Ottawa or ATL could take it but still not sure of ATL.

In the west, got to pull for Nashville although SJose and Anahiem could do it. If it ends up ATL/Nashville in SCFs, the Canadians will go insane and I think certain people in Winnipeg will burn the town down. 2 teams they have been eyeing have already won SCups in the last 2 seasons and now possible 2 teams they hope fail (ATL/Nash) could win it.

We're running out of games, 16 left, to be playing the way we have the past two nights. If we get to 90 points we should be in @ the #7/8 spot. I do not want to have to play Buffalo or TB. Both will be extremely hot in April.

And the Thrashers are just begging to be leap frogged in the SE Division. I mean they have just not put up the numbers to impress upon me that they will a) make the playoffs or b) get out of the 1st round.

Not that the Canes are doing any better. But they *can*. Something needs to click or this season would be a huge failure on part of the franchise.

• 1 month later...

At least the off-season is relatively short. I heard they might be looking at getting Giguere in goal. Ward is ok but not ready for being the main man at this point. Grahamme is just too streaky (I think he may be the one to go). Defense is also an issue as far as age. Now I am kind of regretting the Jack Johnson trade.

I agree that nothing really clicked. When the offense was decent, the defense was horrible and vice versa. Goaltending was mediocre at best-too many cheap goals given up this year. Maybe the rest and diasappointment of this season will motivate this team. At least the Oilers were a lot worse than the Canes this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Whitney signs for 3 years

Rutherford sign for 5 years

Now need a big fast D-guy , 3rd line centerman, some fast 3rd line guys (Big Joe, lewtoski and other might go) , Hedican retires, (and 2.5 M salary goes with it) although I want him to stay in Raleigh.(Fat chance)

Not sure if it is enough, I hope they can rest up and be back to normal by pre-season. I am ready to let go of a big name if possible. Interesting to see what we get in the draft at 11 pick although I hear it is not a great draft.

The key will be the draft next year (I think) or maybe the next year after that. There is a kid named Tavares who they say will put Sidney Crosby to shame. I figure who ever bottom feeds next year will get the next super star.

I will be on 2 tickets of the 24 game plan, even though I have not seen next years' prices.

As I have said before, when Wesley gets caught for being slow, I may mumble something but then he makes 9 great plays after that, I am happy he is on the team. For the year, he was something like "Plus 38." I am OK for him to come back another year but at a lower price. Then put him in the org somewhere. He would be a great hand-shaker and to go to businesses to keep ticket sales up.

He could be the face of the Canes, much like what Jim Cain was but without the responsibility.

I think that is why Whitney stayed. He got 3 years which I don

Archived