Carolina Hurricanes

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are starting to gell. And this is without Gleason. They now say it could be weeks before he returns. I was at the game Saturday night and a good crowd. Walker has been a great pick-up. I am going to the Buffalo game tonight. I bought a ticket in the club seat section as this is not on my plan and I want to watch the Sabres skate and might get around some good fans. Interested to see how the fans are as there will be a ton of Sabres fans there and many Canes fans just stay away when they come to town.

I hope we beat them but I do think as long as the Buffalo curse does not happen, the Sabres will win the cup this year.

They are a great team to watch as long as one of their sleeveless fans are not throwing beer on you, calling you a toothless hick, saying you don't deserve a team, that you need Sabres fans there to sell out your arena and tell the kid 2 rows in front of you to "go **** yourself little kid because you are a canes fan." Actually I guess I am kidding but I am not too far off the reservation on some fans.

They are a great team to watch as long as one of their sleeveless fans are not throwing beer on you, calling you a toothless hick, saying you don't deserve a team, that you need Sabres fans there to sell out your arena and tell the kid 2 rows in front of you to "go **** yourself little kid because you are a canes fan." Actually I guess I am kidding but I am not too far off the reservation on some fans.

Canes tied at 1st for Southeastern conference. Could it be another Cup this year? I am starting to think. Everyone thought Ottawa would run away with the Eastern Conference title last year but we know how that turned out-Buffalo may be sthe same type of team.

we are pretty hot right now, its great. once all the injured players return we should be even more dominant. although its still early for me to be convinced about a deep playoff run.

i want to see how we step up against the teams that have handled us before, such as the game at home against montreal, who earlier shut us out 0-4. and how are we going to beat buffalo?

there's a 4 game road trip early in december that i want to see, which includes a stop in edmonton (our only game against them this season).

december seems to be filled with out of division and conference games which i think will be a good test. i think beating those division games are key, lots of those in january. i'm confident though :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. I thought the stat this week of us being only 1 point behind where we were last season was very interesting, because this team is hitting much lower lows than last year's team did. I guess the Eastern Conference is winning more games against the Western this season.

I'm just not that excited about the defensive corps right now. I like Gleason, but really miss the grit of Aaron Ward. I guess we need Kaberle back more than I realized.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Gleason (as I have stated before) but he has not had the presence he had in the first game. He is playing with a shoulder injury. Fans like Babchuk and were screaming for him to play more earlier in the year, but I think that is mostly for his mean slapshot. I think his defensive play needs improvement. He has played well in some games but he is a young guy and not

Canes have put together 5 in a row and are making a push back up the Eastern Conference. Wallin is back and Kaberle should be playing this week so things seem to be looking bright heading into the 2nd half of the season. They have got to beat Buffalo though.

• 2 weeks later...

The Canes have quietly crept up to 50 points after some good and not-so-good stretches, have a bunch of divisional games coming up (which is a good thing this year) and a lot of these are home games.

JR made a good move in trading Adams for Seidenberg as they push towards the playoffs.

Yeah, as much as I like Kevyn Adams, he really hasn't contributed that much (other than the Game 7 block with his wrist) since before the playoffs started. That's a pretty long time. We got a big trade advantage in age as Adams' career is probably beginning its move toward sunset.

Archived