Carolina Hurricanes

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up for Carolina, the Super Bowl. If only the Bobcats had a miracle season.

I really hope the Canes play a preseason game in Charlotte. That would really help out their fanbase even more. You know, even more than tonight did.

I've been meaning to get out to RBC for some time. Can't wait til next season.

Next up for Carolina, the Super Bowl. If only the Bobcats had a miracle season.

I really hope the Canes play a preseason game in Charlotte. That would really help out their fanbase even more. You know, even more than tonight did.

I've been meaning to get out to RBC for some time. Can't wait til next season.

Am going to buy you a beer when you come,GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

I'm choked up. I am a UNC grad and live in Chapel Hill but never felt like this when UNC won the NCAA. The Canes are a class organization with great/classy players. Congrats to the Canes!!!

This was my prediction back in October. I even said Cam Ward was incredible even after he was benched shortly afterwards. Props to Gerber as he was a major reason why the Canes did so well.

Link

It is also bittersweet that most likely we won't see Wesley, Hedican, Weight, and Recchi on this team for next season. Our younger talent is awesome though as is Lavy. We only have 2.5 months until hockey season again-can you believe it?

Nothing could be finer than to win in Carolina. Congrats Canes. I have never been so emotional about winning a championship game, and I am a UNC Tarheel alum! It was great to see all the Canes fans out in force to night in DC area sportsbars, including the ESPN Sportszone downtown DC. THere are lots of Caniacs in the DC area!

The greatest and most nerve-racking win ever!!!!

Glenwood South has really been on fire tonight with them blocking of much of Glenwood from Peace to Hillsborough. The camraderie amongst locals is something I've truly never felt here! What a thrill to be beeping and have people beeping back out of JOY!!!! For the 1st time, I have that feeling like everyone is on the SAME PAGE around here.

Canes '05-'06 YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER IN MY HEART!!!!!

Triangle--bringing it home for NC baby!!!!!!!!

I'm a closet fan. Meaning I am so superstitous that if I want my team to win and I watch they lose. When the heels were playing Illinois my wife had to hide all of the pillows so I couldn't bury my head and not watch. When the Panthers played the Patriots I didn't watch until the second half. You guessed it they lost. Congrats to the first pro franchise to win the big game. The Panthers will be the second this year as long as I don't watch.

Gosh, you're worst than me! I couldn't bear to watch the last 5 minutes so I left one bar and went to another. When I pulled up, I so a nut case running outside with a hockey stick and Cane banners attached all over it, so I assumed it was over. Needless to say, Durham was wild as I only stayed there 10 minutes - wall-to-wall people.

It was crazy around here last night, I have a new respect for the NHL.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for the 'Canes! :D I can't even lie to you...I was not a hockey fan before--I jumped on the bandwagon after they started doing well. But now I see what I've been missing! How exciting! And how awesome it was that they won here at home!

That game last night was SO exciting. Me and my roommate were screaming like a couple of fools. I wish I had gone to a public venue to watch the game.

I think it's wonderful how the entire community got behind this team.

I was walking my pup on Glen South last night and while it wasn't any where as wild as Franklin Street after March Madness there was a good amount of enthusiastic fans out there. Cops blocked it off from Peace to Hillsborough and there were mini bonfires. Whoo!

RALEIGH -- There's been a lot of talk about the RBC Center's big celebration for the Carolina Hurricanes but what about downtown Raleigh?

Many people wondered whether the City of Raleigh would be able to organize a celebration that's worthy of a Stanley Cup win.

Caniacs were upset when they thought the city would not have a parade but Mayor Charles Meeker says there will one.

However, News 14 Carolina has learned the city is still trying to finalize those plans.

According to Mayor Meeker, unlike the RBC Center parade which starts after work hours, this parade will start at noon Wednesday and will last about one hour.

Meeker says the parade will start at St. Mary's Street and travel more than six blocks downtown toward the Capitol grounds on Salisbury Street. That is where a stage will be set up for Carolina Hurricanes players to hoist that Stanley Cup up and give a few words to the people in this area.

A Canes Parade

Archived