Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Not very well advertised either. Never heard of the place. Second coney type place to close recently...I guess nobody likes hot dogs.

None of these places actually grills the dogs. They are so much better that way. I don't need to go somewhere to get a hot dog that has been boiled or sitting on rollers under a heat lamp for God knows how long. Can go to a quickie mart for that!

On another note, another restaurant bit the dust. Restaurant on the Corner, known as ROTC, has closed. They never seemed to work very well in their new location out by the Drive-in.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot Dog Alley in Bentonville closed in January of this year. I don't know why anyone would bother with a hot dog restaurant, but I think a hot dog cart would do good business in some of the downtowns in this area. Some of my favorite downtowns have those hot dog carts (Dallas, St. Pete, New York City).

Hot Dog Alley in Bentonville closed in January of this year. I don't know why anyone would bother with a hot dog restaurant, but I think a hot dog cart would do good business in some of the downtowns in this area. Some of my favorite downtowns have those hot dog carts (Dallas, St. Pete, New York City).

I'd have to agree- I can't imagine going to a resturant for a hot dog. They're meant for sporting and picnic type events. Chubby Coney didn't last long at all.

The numbers of restaurants that have closed now in the past year is amazing. Anybody got an estimate for Fayetteville?

Yeah I have thought about that. Although there's always going to be some closing because someone is always trying to open a new one. But of course I think one of the bigger factors involved is that's there a lot more options for people in Benton County to stay up there. For that matter there's enough options in Benton County that I imagine some people from Fayetteville probably go up there to a certain degree also.

Yeah I have thought about that. Although there's always going to be some closing because someone is always trying to open a new one. But of course I think one of the bigger factors involved is that's there a lot more options for people in Benton County to stay up there. For that matter there's enough options in Benton County that I imagine some people from Fayetteville probably go up there to a certain degree also.

you have to be unique or outstanding in some area to make it in Fayetteville. Run of the mill restaurants, ordinary menus or inferior service are killers because there are so many choices. People will go elsewhere. A cool waterfall over your bar isn't enough if your food stinks.

I agree with the point that when one closes, another opens, so it can be both a good and bad thing.

Other positives from 2007

Chloe already reopened as Soul.

Urban Table has given life to the Old Post Office for the first time in almost two years.

Sassafras reopened as LouLou's (and it is outstanding)

Whole Hog opened a location in Fiesta Square, which makes that area a destination

Flying Burrito and Slim Chickens are exploring their franchise options, Penguin Ed's expanded to west Fayetteville and is doing very well, and Foghorns is also opening a second location.

you have to be unique or outstanding in some area to make it in Fayetteville. Run of the mill restaurants, ordinary menus or inferior service are killers because there are so many choices. People will go elsewhere. A cool waterfall over your bar isn't enough if your food stinks.

I agree with the point that when one closes, another opens, so it can be both a good and bad thing.

Other positives from 2007

Chloe already reopened as Soul.

Urban Table has given life to the Old Post Office for the first time in almost two years.

Sassafras reopened as LouLou's (and it is outstanding)

Whole Hog opened a location in Fiesta Square, which makes that area a destination

Flying Burrito and Slim Chickens are exploring their franchise options, Penguin Ed's expanded to west Fayetteville and is doing very well, and Foghorns is also opening a second location.

Thanks for all the info. Has Urban Table been doing well? I guess I never look to see if there's many people there because I'm too busy looking at all the lights. It would be great to finally have something to keep making good use of that space.

Thanks for all the info. Has Urban Table been doing well? I guess I never look to see if there's many people there because I'm too busy looking at all the lights. It would be great to finally have something to keep making good use of that space.

they seem to be doing OK so far. They've booked about 30 bands since August, they're renting out the downstairs for a lot of private parties and I think once it gets into summer time it will do even better. Other than the Gypsy, that is the best patio in Fayetteville.

When is ROTC closing ? It is open currently and the person I spoke to who works there advised they are not closing. Does someone have some other info on this ?

My wife told me they closed! Sorry, All--she must have just gone there on a day they were closed.

I had the Mango Tilapia at Eddie Haskell's in Rogers for lunch today.

It was excellent.

First time in that place. I thought it was neat how they have a stock ticker on the wall. Really lets you know you are in a business city.

It was also my first time at the Shops. I really like the way its all set up. If it were a couple times larger, I could see how it could be a real neat place to go out and have a good time.

I had the Mango Tilapia at Eddie Haskell's in Rogers for lunch today.

It was excellent.

First time in that place. I thought it was neat how they have a stock ticker on the wall. Really lets you know you are in a business city.

It was also my first time at the Shops. I really like the way its all set up. If it were a couple times larger, I could see how it could be a real neat place to go out and have a good time.

I've been to the Shoppes but it was before Eddie Haskell's was open. I've heard good things about it. I know one of my friends is a big fan of it.

Yeah the cajun restaurant that will be opening at the old O'Charley's location.

I looks like the new cajun restaurant, called Meaux Dad's, will open January 7th. There were quite a few cars there when I drove by the other day so it might open sooner. The owner of the restaurant is John Bliss. He also owns the Buffalo Wild Wings in Fayetteville and probably the rest of the state. I don't believe it is a chain, so maybe it will actually do well. Let us know if anyone gets to try it out.

I looks like the new cajun restaurant, called Meaux Dad's, will open January 7th. There were quite a few cars there when I drove by the other day so it might open sooner. The owner of the restaurant is John Bliss. He also owns the Buffalo Wild Wings in Fayetteville and probably the rest of the state. I don't believe it is a chain, so maybe it will actually do well. Let us know if anyone gets to try it out.

Bliss owns the four BWWs in Arkansas. Steve Zangori was executive chef for more than a year at Copeland's, so I expect the food to be pretty authentic.

Archived