Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the way things are going in Fayetteville I wonder if this will knock out one of the other seafood restaurants.

The way things are going on north College Ave, I wonder if the lack of a left-turn lane at Prospect will knock this joint out of business w/in 6 months.

Its a shame we don't have traffic calming and ped-improvements done from Dickson to North Street by now. This little strip could really be something.

This is fast food news, but still interesting.

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Wal-Mart will open some Pollo Campero restaurants as a test in some of its stores, initially with two in the Chicago area and one in a Benton County, AR Supercenter. Pollo Campero restaurants primarily serve the American hispanic community and are based in Latin America...currently there are 36 franchised restaurants in the U.S.

This is fast food news, but still interesting.

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Wal-Mart will open some Pollo Campero restaurants as a test in some of its stores, initially with two in the Chicago area and one in a Benton County, AR Supercenter. Pollo Campero restaurants primarily serve the American hispanic community and are based in Latin America...currently there are 36 franchised restaurants in the U.S.

I've had this before and its good.

Its kind of similar to having a KFC but with a large dose of Latin American influence.

The sides are much jazzier, with spicy bean combos and fried plantains (plantanos fritos), etc.

Fun.

Northwest Arkansas has been quiet lately. Let's spark things back up. I read today in the Morning News that 3 restaurants will go on the same property as Target. Also, a Guido's pizza is coming to Rogers (seems like Rogers/Bentonville has a flood of new pizza places). In addition, Steak and Shake is coming to Promenade Road as well as a Red Lobster next to Olive Garden in Rogers. The Pinnacle Hills area is filling fast.

Northwest Arkansas has been quiet lately. Let's spark things back up. I read today in the Morning News that 3 restaurants will go on the same property as Target. Also, a Guido's pizza is coming to Rogers (seems like Rogers/Bentonville has a flood of new pizza places). In addition, Steak and Shake is coming to Promenade Road as well as a Red Lobster next to Olive Garden in Rogers. The Pinnacle Hills area is filling fast.

Thanks for the update. Yeah things have been a bit quiet lately.

...and speaking of "pizza", now a Jim's Razorback pizza is being built in Caverna, MO in the Macadoodle's plaza. That means:

1. There will now be 2 pizza parlors within the mile above the Ark/MO state line, and;

2. Both strip centers up there (one in Caverna, MO next to Macadoodles and one at Jane, MO next to the new McDonald's/the new bank/the new motel) which have been built within the year are now at this time officially fully occupied.

While development is expected to proceed at Jane, MO given the voters' recent overwhelming approval of the sewer line extensions, I attribute the presence of two pizzerias to a restaurant-starved Bella Vista crowd more than anything else at this point in time.

Does anyone know what the heck is going on with Moe's/Mama Fu's (Bentonville)? All the windows are covered with paper, and the sign on the door says "Closed until further notice". You have got to be kidding me! I loved Mama Fu's! It was always busy when I was in there. I'm thinking there must be a problem with sales taxes, or a health issue, or something. Anybody?

Does anyone know what the heck is going on with Moe's/Mama Fu's (Bentonville)? All the windows are covered with paper, and the sign on the door says "Closed until further notice". You have got to be kidding me! I loved Mama Fu's! It was always busy when I was in there. I'm thinking there must be a problem with sales taxes, or a health issue, or something. Anybody?

I heard it and Moe's closed. Although I heard Moe's might reopen under new management. But unfortunately for you, haven't heard anything about Mama Fu. I never heard what the problem was.

Went to the new LouLou's Fish Shack in the former Sassafras location on Saturday night. Not bad. Very casual place, feels like a Floridian crab shack. I had some BBQ'd crab legs. Very tasty. Good slaw. Hushpuppies were marginal. Nice salad and fries. Beer is by the can or bottle or draft. They only had a partial menu--full menu supposedly starts this week. Decor is very kitschy--cheap panelling that's new but looks like it has been there for years, posters taped to the walls, pictures nailed up with nails bent over holding them to the wall. The place was busy and well-organized. Meals range from about $6 to $24.

Went to the new LouLou's Fish Shack in the former Sassafras location on Saturday night. Not bad. Very casual place, feels like a Floridian crab shack. I had some BBQ'd crab legs. Very tasty. Good slaw. Hushpuppies were marginal. Nice salad and fries. Beer is by the can or bottle or draft. They only had a partial menu--full menu supposedly starts this week. Decor is very kitschy--cheap panelling that's new but looks like it has been there for years, posters taped to the walls, pictures nailed up with nails bent over holding them to the wall. The place was busy and well-organized. Meals range from about $6 to $24.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering when it was going to open. Hopefully I will have a chance to eat there this week and try it out for myself.

From what I have heard, the new Shogun in Fayetteville opened a week or so ago. The building is really amazing on the outside, I can't wait to see the inside.

The Quizno's on Joyce (in the Lindsey building) is also getting closer to opening. As I was driving by today they were putting up the signage.

From what I have heard, the new Shogun in Fayetteville opened a week or so ago. The building is really amazing on the outside, I can't wait to see the inside.

Really? If it is it had to be pretty recent I ate there not too long ago and they were still at their old location. I was thinking I ate there a couple of weeks ago. But yeah I'm with you I'm looking forward to seeing what the interior will be like. I think Wasabi and Shogun will end up being two of the more interesting (aesthetically) restaurants in Fayetteville.

Really? If it is it had to be pretty recent I ate there not too long ago and they were still at their old location. I was thinking I ate there a couple of weeks ago. But yeah I'm with you I'm looking forward to seeing what the interior will be like. I think Wasabi and Shogun will end up being two of the more interesting (aesthetically) restaurants in Fayetteville.

I think that they are keeping the old location open as well. That is what a waiter told me months ago. They were just taking most of the grills out and having more sushi bar space.

Perhaps Rod should take a photo of the new Shogun. :) One of my coworkers up there was telling me about it a while back and I'm really curious what it looks like!

Here is an older picture that I just had right here. Hopefully, I can get by there before Rod and get a finished pic.

2084212947_30906f810a_b.jpg

I think that they are keeping the old location open as well. That is what a waiter told me months ago. They were just taking most of the grills out and having more sushi bar space.

Yeah when I was there I noticed I didn't see anything mentioning when the new one was opening. I also thought it might get a little 'press' when it does as well.

Honestly, while it is obviously very large, it's not as big as those guys were saying. It's still huge, though! Wow...

Yeah can't wait to check it out sometime if it's open. Looks like it will be an interesting design. I'm curious to see how the interior will be done.

Yeah can't wait to check it out sometime if it's open. Looks like it will be an interesting design. I'm curious to see how the interior will be done.

I hope it's unique. I was really impressed with the new Hunan Manor location's interior when I ate there this weekend (really good food too), I'd love to see something asian inspired like that on a larger scale.

Archived