Hartford Restaurant/Retail

ctman987

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a joke. Brooks Brothers will be part of Front Street. The owner of Spris Restaurant is behind it.

With Stackpole Moore Tryon downtown... that's actually one business we DID NOT need. Hope there's some clothing shops that cater to young people.

I was back home for the weekend and so had to make a visit downtown and have to say I was extremly impressed at the amount of new business activity downtown...within the last month (since the last time I was home)

There is a coming soon sign for Edible Arrangments on Pratt

There is a coming soon sign and visible progress inside Terra Mia on Pratt

Tempations is now open on Asylum

There is continuing work at the Emperor at the Linden

There are signs that Sally's Fish Camp will be opening at the old Pasti's

Coachs is in full swing once again

And on other downtown things..

Wood'ys Fish Tank...I love Woody's and its great that they are continuing to invest in Hartford because they love Hartford. I was afraid that David Nyberg and College Street LLC wouldve pushed them out (like a Northland situation) but I guess I was wrong :D

A restaurant at Trumbull on the Park will be great...great location right by the Park and near Vito's by the Park...add some foot traffic to that corner. And if Martin Kenny was able to attract a restaurant to that corner it is sad that David Nyberg cant attract one to 55 on the Park...across the street

Feng Asian Bistro looks very nice and is a nice addition to improving Asylum between Main and Trumbull...Koji, Temptations, renovation of Dunkin Donuts, and now Feng

Also Brooks Brothers...if this is true this is big news because this is a national retailer...investing in downtown and hopefully that will give some other retailers some confidence in downtown

First at the J. Silvers spot near city steam...is this at the Residence Inn? if so I think it may be some sort of coffee, sandwich place...at least thats what I read somewhere on this site

Also the American Airlines building is a tough spot for a quiznos RIGHT NOW because as someone mentioned earlier there is all the scafolding and Sage & Temple at the Sage Allen building hasnt open yet so the UHART students arent downtown yet...if only they couldve waited a bit longer

The spot near city steam and next to dunkin' donuts is going to be a bakery cafe, with coffee, soup and sandwich as well, according to the building department.

Quizno was closed by the Quizno corporate headquarter, supposedly it was not up to Quizno's sanitation standard. But I also know the owner was really disappointed at the business volume and didn't want to stay.

Asylum Street's dunkin' donuts re-opened after a quick renovation. I think they put in a pizza oven.

Sage Allen is almost completed, the lady in charge of the building said the rental units will finished before the dorms, I was surprised by that because the construction workers told me the dorms will finish first. I was too busy to ask if she has a lot of rental inquiries. Does anyone know how well is Hartford 21 doing as far as residential leasing is concern? I know David Nyberg's condos are not selling well. If all these are built and not enough people come, that would really suck.

Does anyone know how well is Hartford 21 doing as far as residential leasing is concern? I know David Nyberg's condos are not selling well. If all these are built and not enough people come, that would really suck.

Yeah apparently the Metropolitan condo's aren't doing as well as we thought. I think there's like 14 or 15 leased out of the 50 available, and there have only been about 1 or 2 people signing up each month. I was hoping that building would be 75% leased by now.

Hartford 21 seems to be having a little bit of trouble as well, but this is hard to judge considering it just opened, and many units are still under construction. I will say this though, I drive by H21 a lot at night on 84 East, and on Tuesday night at around 730pm (when most people are home) I counted about 10 units (out of about 65) on the west side of the building with their lights on.

I think Mikel's right. Once the retail takes hold it'll start to pick up. Downtown is still a work in progress, even though some projects are done or almost done, the final outcome of even this first wave of development is still almost 2 years away. Providence didn't have much going for them in my estimation before they built the mall. We don't have a mall, don't need one and won't be getting one. What we are getting at Front Street, if developed correctly, will be better than a mall in the long run.

^agree with both of you. The retail and entertainment venues opening up in the coming years are going to fill up most of the residential projects downtown, and may even generate more construction. Was just hoping more people would take a "chance" right off the bat.

^agree with both of you. The retail and entertainment venues opening up in the coming years are going to fill up most of the residential projects downtown, and may even generate more construction. Was just hoping more people would take a "chance" right off the bat.

I think more people would if it was an affordable "chance". I don't mean cheap but reasonable. I would be a proponent for the prices on some of this stuff to come down a little, just to get it filled and get the ball rolling. It's just so expensive to take what many perceive to be a real chance like you said.

Is that the first positive thing Mikel has said on this forum? :)

If I was to move back to Connecticut I would be willing to spend $1000-1200 on a one bedroom Hartford 21 apartment.

Don't get me wrong. I would too if I could even start to imagine that being possible right now.

Quizno was closed by the Quizno corporate headquarter, supposedly it was not up to Quizno's sanitation standard. But I also know the owner was really disappointed at the business volume and didn't want to stay.

I ate at the Quiznos across the street from CarMax and they where literally mobbed today. I know it's not downtown, but at least it is in Hartford. I'm doing telecom work for the new Suburu that is next to CarMax and I got say the place is really coming out nice. I was talking to one of the contractors and he told me this will be the largest Suburu dealer in the United States.

Archived