Hartford Restaurant/Retail

ctman987

A building in downtown Providence that sits right next to a strip club and two blocks from another was recently converted to million dollar condos.

I thought of Super Sexe in Montreal ... that seems to be a postive over there. Nice strip clubs make for an exciting town... I wonder how many guys have gone to strip clubs, anyways?

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Word is Trumbull on the Park has finally landed a restaurant for the corner of Trumbull and Jewell, that Geno Auriemma first wanted. It is a restaurant from Bloomfield called "Blue" something.

Also, the former No Name bar is being looked at by McFadden's of Boston. A bank also wants the space.

On September 7th, Hartford 21 celebrates a grand opening and is expected to announce stores and shops and restaurants.

Taste of India of West Hartford is looking into the former Cate's Corner Bistro at the corner of Main and Capitol.

Carbone's of the south end was recently looking at the former Cugino's on Pratt Street to open an additional restaurant downtown.

New signs are up at Coach's saying a new Coach's is coming.

Renovation work is being done at the former Pastis on Ann Street, and on the pizza place next to Feng.

"Up on the Rocks" at the corner of Allyn and Union Place is for sale, as is Fuel on Asylum.

Word is Trumbull on the Park has finally landed a restaurant for the corner of Trumbull and Jewell, that Geno Auriemma first wanted. It is a restaurant from Bloomfield called "Blue" something.

Also, the former No Name bar is being looked at by McFadden's of Boston. A bank also wants the space.

On September 7th, Hartford 21 celebrates a grand opening and is expected to announce stores and shops and restaurants.

Taste of India of West Hartford is looking into the former Cate's Corner Bistro at the corner of Main and Capitol.

Carbone's of the south end was recently looking at the former Cugino's on Pratt Street to open an additional restaurant downtown.

Renovation work is being done at the former Pastis on Ann Street, and on the pizza place next to Feng.

"Up on the Rocks" at the corner of Allyn and Union Place is for sale, as is Fuel on Asylum.

Wow very interesting, thanks for the update! :D

Is Up and On The Rocks closed?

Or are they just trying to sell the building

It closed maybe a year ago. They attracted a dangerous crowd to that place and it was getting out of hand, from what I heard. I only went there once, it only played rap and a fight broke out on the dancefloor... I never went back.

Ironically, I believe the only reason Stackpole Moore Tryon moved down the street from that space in the mid-90's is the rent got too high. Instead of having steady rent payments, the owner has had to deal with a space that has been empty the entire time except when the bar was there.

I'm pretty sure the poster above meant Fuel and BAR WITH NO NAME (not Up or On The Rocks).

Fuel and BAR WITH NO NAME are essentially right next to each other.

Not like i really enjoyed the place, between thugs and meatheads all over the place looking for fights (and you wonder why 5 cop cars are parked outside), but i don't like seeing any place close.

I'm pretty sure Up or On The Rocks is still open, if you check their website.

OR, maybe the owner is selling the building, but the lease for Up or On the Rocks is still in place.

Up or on the Rocks was open at least last October, my wife went there as part of her Batchelorette party. I hope to god a bank doesn't get into the No Name spot, that's a prime spot for a bar/restaurant etc....

Excellent!!! Sounds like all the pieces are finally coming together.

Yeah I meant Bar with no name.

BTW I would prefer that space for retail. It still has the same interior from its days as Stackpole Moore Tryon, they just added bar stuff. It's not really in a nightclub district anyway. Asylum would be a great retail strip, just like it once was.

McFadden's is not going into the Bar with No Name space. A bank is. And Fuel has closed their doors, Up or On the Rocks is doing fine.

Both Fuel and Bar with No Name attracted an undesirable crowd. Violence broke out so often, they used to keep a Paddy Wagon parked out front. These two clubs closing was a godsend to downtown. I don't know how many people would be willing to drop $3000 a month on rent at H21 with that going on every weekend across the street. There were a couple incidents of gunfire over the past couple of years. Certain nights would affect McKinnons and even Trumbull Kitchen adversely.

I f Dustin Diamond is lucky he'll come to Hartford, not the other way around. He was on Howard Stern the other day crying that he has no money and that he'll lose his house. Tough crap.

Are you a fellow Sirius Stern fan?!?!?!!??!

Rock on, I listen everyday and have for years!

Yah, he was on Stern a few months ago because his parents stole his money as a child and he doesnt wanna sell his house....what a cry baby.

I f Dustin Diamond is lucky he'll come to Hartford, not the other way around. He was on Howard Stern the other day crying that he has no money and that he'll lose his house. Tough crap.

What the heck do all these celebrities do with their money???? I'm not impressed by him anyways.

What the heck do all these celebrities do with their money???? I'm not impressed by him anyways.

Well, he actaully did get some of his money, he made some after he cut his parents loose, he's just beotching. I don't want to hijack the thread though...

Well, he actaully did get some of his money, he made some after he cut his parents loose, he's just beotching. I don't want to hijack the thread though...

Back on topic: It will be nice to get retail hopping downtown.

Archived