Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

I was gladdened to see the billboard come down in the vacant lot on the SW corner of North Academy and Buncombe streets, across form BB&T, greatly improving the view looking south on Academy St. This morning, however, I noticed that a new one was being erected. I hope it isn't one of those electronic billboards, but I fear the worst.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't understand this... The state's new texting ban is going to nullify Greenville's law? Greenville has spent significant time into studying and writing an ENFORCEABLE law that is very tough, yet the state's legislature is taking that away with what will essentially be a weaker version focused on texting..? Texting alone is a very difficult thing to enforce-- ask Clemson city officials. Why can't tougher laws be in place where they are written? Maybe it is just a matter is passing the same law again?

• Like 1

I don't understand this... The state's new texting ban is going to nullify Greenville's law? Greenville has spent significant time into studying and writing an ENFORCEABLE law that is very tough, yet the state's legislature is taking that away with what will essentially be a weaker version focused on texting..? Texting alone is a very difficult thing to enforce-- ask Clemson city officials. Why can't tougher laws be in place where they are written? Maybe it is just a matter is passing the same law again?

The local law should supersede the state law, in my opinion.  Greenville leaders know better than the state government what is best for Greenville.

We can argue that the statewide law is too lenient but for those of us that travel a lot, it's advantageous to have a single law that applies statewide. Complying with a patchwork of conflicting ordinances is cumbersome. 

• Like 1

We can argue that the statewide law is too lenient but for those of us that travel a lot, it's advantageous to have a single law that applies statewide. Complying with a patchwork of conflicting ordinances is cumbersome.

I don't disagree, but they should have written something enforceable that would help make our roads more safe. I guess the good news for those who can't keep track of where to use their phone is that they can use it anywhere they want to now. Distracted driving is ok!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

There was some controversy from a certain forum member on whether Greenville could support a Tesla dealership. Well, I saw three separate ones today downtown five minutes apart from each other. Here is one of them:

284B8C99-26CC-4907-B7B3-2FBBFA8C20A7_zps

Write to Tesla.  In order to make the income, wealth, education levels and very average growth in Greenville less obvious on the proforma, you can just write a narrative about how you saw three in the DT area.  And, as a footnote, you can use Gvillesc's observation of one in a parking garage. 

So, Charlotte has Tesla, Atlanta has Tesla, you saw three in Greenville.........not sure that is a basis for a standalone store, especially when the fastest growing demographic in Greenville is the over 65 crowd.  Instead of the Tesla, maybe you should expand the Lincoln Store, they just introduced a new car today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The city's official website has a new look.

I like the layout and while I love seeing the falls from the bridge I think that photo is far from the best single shot to showoff Greenville.  If I had never been here, it would not give me a good idea of what Greenville is about.  With the Clemson sign in the background (which I love) it looks like it could be a pic of Clemson.  There are way more flattering angles/views IMHO.  

Edited by gvegascple

This is a recording of a live performance of an internationally renowned musical composition by a talented, young, local resident. The ensemble of performers was primarily comprised by local residents and others who have ties to the city. The Greenville Chorale and Greenville Symphony Orchestra recently performed the full orchestral version of the same work. While I prefer the full orchestral version over this chamber version (in which an organ substitutes most of the brass section), the vocal soloists in this recording clearly outperformed the soloists in the Greenville Chorale performance.

Edited by Skyliner