The EpiCentre / TwoTenTrade / aloft

ElricSeven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course if you've been watching they've poured like UrbanCharlotte was talking about. I was just checking the webcam and see cars in the parking lot where the ritz is going. I thought they were actually going to start on that now. Was that just soil testing they were doing a couple of weeks ago?

Now, I am not a structural engineer or anything, so please if anyone can explain this one to me...I was downtown Monday evening and on the cab ride in we always drive right by the giant hole in the ground where this complex is going. It looked odd because the majority of the re-inforced concrete pilings were on the opposite side of where the actual condo tower is going. It looked as if the whole complex was rotated 180 degrees. Again, if someone could explain to me what that was all I about I would greatly appreciate it.

Pretty much the whole block will get some structural stuff, as there are buildings and/or underground parking on the whole block (pretty much).

If you look at the webcam, on the right, that whole fancy rebar-filled pit is the foundation for the tower. On the left, the section with the pillars and concrete wall is the bottom floor of the underground parking deck, which will go under the retail complex.

Pretty much the whole block will get some structural stuff, as there are buildings and/or underground parking on the whole block (pretty much).

If you look at the webcam, on the right, that whole fancy rebar-filled pit is the foundation for the tower. On the left, the section with the pillars and concrete wall is the bottom floor of the underground parking deck, which will go under the retail complex.

Dubone, in that they are laying foundation for the tower, wouldn't that support what was said earlier on this thread that 210 Trade was fully financed despite not having gone through pre-sales as of yet? I know you were questioning it, but this goes along with my thoughts that they would know whether or not they were going to build 210 Trade before they finished up the foundation.

I feel like we've had this conversation at least a dozen times :).

I personally have no idea one way or another. In general, though, I agree that the rumors/statements that Flaherty has financing regardless of pre-sales are plausible. The main reasons this seems to be confirmed is that they haven't tried really hard to get sales started (they still haven't opened the sales center, even though I think they originally planned to have it up by December). Also, the foundation work clearly is anticipating the tower.

On the flip side, they don't actually have the sales, so they have no obligation to deliver. That means if something happens, it won't be as much risk to cancel the tower.

Also, given that Flaherty purchased the air rights to build a 50+ story tower, I'm sure Ghazi had obligations to build the foundation with that money. So even if Flaherty didn't have financing yet, I kind of think the work we see now would still be required as part of the air rights deal.

But for the most part, barring a significant economic event, it does seem to be happening.

Well since many of you are interested in the construction of this project, it looks like it may be a busy night tonight, as they are still at the site. Maybe they'll start pouring tonight and try to knock it out in one day by bringing more than 1 concrete pumping truck? This thing has really picked it up over the last month.

Well since many of you are interested in the construction of this project, it looks like it may be a busy night tonight, as they are still at the site. Maybe they'll start pouring tonight and try to knock it out in one day by bringing more than 1 concrete pumping truck? This thing has really picked it up over the last month.

Almost 2am, no sign of life yet. Anybody hear an update on whether the movie theater is still go or not?

Archived