The EpiCentre / TwoTenTrade / aloft

ElricSeven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems like the project has been dumbed down a lot since the first flashy renderings. I hope thats not stucco theyre planning to use. Ghazi loves his stucco.

i agree, 3 dozen small stores would be of much greater impact than a theater

Is it really that they picked it up or is it that we can now see more visible work. It was hard to tell the progress they were making before because all it was was digging. It nice to see the progress they are finally making though.

I see it every day, they're definitely mustering much more manpower than they were in the past. Might have been some rate-limiting foundation preparation work before that stopped them from full-throttle. They were pretty much 7:30 to 4:30 before and now, as noted, are starting in the early a.m. and not finishing until much later. That, and there's about three times as many workers. Very impressive.

I see it every day, they're definitely mustering much more manpower than they were in the past. Might have been some rate-limiting foundation preparation work before that stopped them from full-throttle. They were pretty much 7:30 to 4:30 before and now, as noted, are starting in the early a.m. and not finishing until much later. That, and there's about three times as many workers. Very impressive.

I would assume the more man-power is just the fact that they can now get plumbing contractors in there to do the waste and drainage piping. Yeah i bet they can do more hours now because it is warmer weather. It would have been pretty cold out there at 4 in the morning in January. :)

^^^ Are you talking about the outline we are starting to see in the construction? Yeah, I thought it would come further accross toward 4th.

Exactly, now it is on the left side near Trade. In the renderings, you can see the Plaza building on the right and what will probably be the Ritz on the left. Interesting.

Well, after a second look at the rendering, it does appear to be closer to trade with a gap to 4th. Look at the rendering RD21 posted 1 page back, that gap is where the movie theatre was suppose to be. Wonder what they will substitute in for the theatre if it doesn't happen.

Very cool being able to see the tower outline though, thats a crap load of rebar and concrete. Does this help confirm the tower being built?

Looks like they'll be pouring the first slab for parking monday/tuesday. The prepped the first slab site and put the rebar in place today. Moving along very nicely.

Great. How much of that area is going to be parking deck? I know they will start pouring for one part first, but will it be the whole left side as your looking from the camera or more?

Archived