The EpiCentre / TwoTenTrade / aloft

ElricSeven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They say it will be put in, but most of the new renderings leave out the building where it would go.

Wasn't the initial plan was for a multiplex (6+ screens?) Later it was scaled back to a 1~2 screen upscale theater, and that's when the "bulge" next to the condo tower was removed.

That, IMO, is a mistake. I saw Epicentre as "uptown dining and entertainment for the rest of us-" rather than being ultra-upscale, it would be targeted mid-market. Besides, more screens means more movies, which means more people actually consider going there when they want to go to the movies.

Is the bowling alley still a go?

Wasn't the initial plan was for a multiplex (6+ screens?) Later it was scaled back to a 1~2 screen upscale theater, and that's when the "bulge" next to the condo tower was removed.

That, IMO, is a mistake. I saw Epicentre as "uptown dining and entertainment for the rest of us-" rather than being ultra-upscale, it would be targeted mid-market. Besides, more screens means more movies, which means more people actually consider going there when they want to go to the movies.

Is the bowling alley still a go?

I agree, they do need more screens to promote people going. After all, it will be one of the first things you see leaving the arena and/or transit center.

Sorry for all the questions, but anybody know what all the white strips they are putting down where the building is going to go are? They've added twice as many today.

I think they may work around the crane, like Skypoint in tampa. They will also probably pour the foundation today/night. Just a guess, but they need those lights to work at night, and they moved them all close to the foundation part.

I just found out the foundation will be poured starting tonight at 7 pm...it will be a 24 hour continuous pour.

I just found out the foundation will be poured starting tonight at 7 pm...it will be a 24 hour continuous pour.

Awesome, it's 4:30 and no trucks yet. But back in March there were about 8 trucks on the screen for only one frame. Check it out, March 15th, 12:46. I like it because they are all grouped together and the front four all are different colors. Yes, I have become THAT bored today.

Archived