Hoffler Tower

krdarden

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks good on my end.

Sometimes those "Norfolk News Now" videos looks like I'm watching TV without a cable connection or something.

The Hoffler will have office, retail, and 300 condos & Apts.

To put this in perspective when it was 20 stories it had 150 units. Double the # of units and this may indeed be 40 stories. :)

Thanks guys. I seem to have been quite inept at handling my computer today. She gets the better of me sometimes. :lol: The smaller image is higher quality but I like the bigger rendering and even that is better than the crap I currently have posted in the projects listing.

I come up with no more than 33 floors- discounting the 13th as well.

Well the bottom garage portion is a confirmed 4 floors. I actually came up with 34 after enlarging the picture (4 for the bottom then I counted 30 on top of that). Still tall but i'm hoping we can edge our way to 40.

I don't care one way or the other, but many buildings (especially hotels and apartments/condos) don't count the 13th floor. Is it also just another sneaky way to add a floor to the count?

For some it probably is but for the most part it's just perceived superstition. I think some developers are under the impression that they'd have a hard time selling units on the 13th floor because some people still hold to that

superstition. In this modern day and age it's hard for me to buy that it has any visible effect whether you actually call the 13th floor "the 13th floor" or not.

No this is the developer that has been said to be thinking of building in Norfolk.

Churchill Development Group

The group received approval in February from Orlando’s Municipal Planning Board to build 35-stories of condos in that city’s downtown, according to the board’s meeting minutes. In addition to the more than 300 apartments, the tower would house a health club, a parking garage and 6,000 feet of retail. The condos would start at less than $200,000, targeting young professionals. Thrasher’s letter said Churchill is developing similar projects in Charlotte, Tampa, and Norfolk, Va.

This developer is from Fl. and has plans for towers in Jax, Orlando, Tampa, Charlotte, and you guessed it, Norfolk.

Anyway, great news for DT. Now all we need is the Hilton article. :D

*edit* After some more searching I've found out the that Churchill Development Group is infact from Fl., sorry. I still can't find a website on them though. *edit*

You know Willy, after rereading your post at the beginning of this thread the similarities are uncanny between this project and the ones mentioned in this news clip. Are we sure Mr. Hoffler is not part of Churchill Development Group? Even though he's a Norfolk native he does currently reside in Florida I believe.

Newschannel 3 actually mentioned the Hoffler tower downtown tonight. Of course every detail was wrong and they showed a picture of the Westin site while they were talking about it but hey, we'll take what we can get. :lol: It's online now, they post a weekly report on all the areas construction called "construction zone". Go to wtkr.com and scroll down until you see "local headlines". Right next to local headlines is "featured videos". Construction zone is the first link you can click on. As I said, at least somebody picked it up, even if they don't know what they're talking about. :rolleyes:

Newschannel 3 actually mentioned the Hoffler tower downtown tonight. Of course every detail was wrong and they showed a picture of the Westin site while they were talking about it but hey, we'll take what we can get. :lol: It's online now, they post a weekly report on all the areas construction called "construction zone". Go to wtkr.com and scroll down until you see "local headlines". Right next to local headlines is "featured videos". Construction zone is the first link you can click on. As I said, at least somebody picked it up, even if they don't know what they're talking about. :rolleyes:

It is funny to see them showing the wrong building for the Hoffler building!

Also they were stating that the Hoffler building was already in construction. Man they really need to pay attention to what they report on. Maybe someone should send them an email to get construction updates from us! :rofl:

Actually I think they said it was about to break ground or starting construction soon. At either rate they were wrong. :lol:

A site in the wrong city even! And they said it's under construction? It's insulting how little they know! Local news programs are ridiculous: 10 minutes of homicide/fire reports, 5 minutes of sports and 5 of weather, leaving 10 minutes for advertisements and small talk... nobody needs any of that! Read a paper.

Archived