Hoffler Tower

krdarden

A site in the wrong city even! And they said it's under construction? It's insulting how little they know! Local news programs are ridiculous: 10 minutes of homicide/fire reports, 5 minutes of sports and 5 of weather, leaving 10 minutes for advertisements and small talk... nobody needs any of that! Read a paper.

:rofl: On a side note does anyone wish as fervently as I do that they would change the name of this tower as to forgo any confusion with the "Armada Hoffler" tower? Seriously, they could've come up with something more original than just tacking the guys last name onto it.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know Willy, after rereading your post at the beginning of this thread the similarities are uncanny between this project and the ones mentioned in this news clip. Are we sure Mr. Hoffler is not part of Churchill Development Group?

You may be right, take a look at this. This is the "Vue" in Orlando which is being developed by none other than Churchill Development. Notice any similarities?

photo3.jpg

hofflertowerreal2.jpg

Deja Vu... haven't we talked about this before? I remember pics posted about the Churchill projects in this thread... I think one was in Orlando, another in Key West, or maybe it was in Charlotte?

Vue Charlotte

That's the link to the Vue Charlotte development from Churchill. It has a link to the Orlando one called Vue at Lake Eola. I suppose the Norfolk one would be Vue Norfolk or Vue on the Elizabeth.

Ahhhh... here it is.

In the mayor's speech he said granby tower will cost 100 million, and the hoffler tower will cost 30 million. How can a building 3 to 4 stories more cost 70 million less? What am I missing here? Also wtkr said the tower would have 150 condo's and may be as much as 20 stories.

The Conference Center takes up a big chunk and Hoffler looks skinny so the costs there is less. But still 30mil does seem low for a 35 story skyscraper.

WTKR are idiots. They have all their information screwed up. Don't worry about what they say. They were showing the Westin development while talking about the Hoffler building.

The Conference Center takes up a big chunk and Hoffler looks skinny so the costs there is less. But still 30mil does seem low for a 35 story skyscraper.

The tower has definately grown, you can count on that. This was from Okinawas source. I know who Okinawas source is and I can tell you it doesn't get anymore reliable than that. Also, the mayor said in the State of the city there would be 300 units in this project, the 150 unit number is old and inaccurate and I suspect that the 30 mil figure is out of date as well. This is probably closer to 60-70 mill now and also it really looks like they're gonna use steel for this project.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived