The Madison

UrbanCharlotte

Ive been watching for a while. Seems to me nothing has moved in about 9 to 10 months. I work from home and have a birds eye view of this project. The crane went about a two weeks ago. I cant belive the crane and scaffolding set idle for so long. Renting that amount of scaffolding is not all that cheap. Most contractors get the work done its needed for ASAP and get it down. I have seen no one on the scaffolding for 10 months. I saw the crane move once in 10 months.

This thing is getting to be a worse eyesore than it was before, with the concrete towers.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Ummmmm. Of all the projects that would survive the credit crush, this would be the last on the list, but somehow Dougie included it with the likes of Catalyst and Vue that are 'moving forward'. Someone must be buying him lunches or something, since even how he counts it as moving forward is lame "building a model condo to start selling". So I guess if they finish a single condo and then start taking orders (we all know they will struggle with sales) counts as success these days.

This is such a ridiculous project and it makes no sense that it is continuing when projects that are 3/4+ sold out are somehow on hold by their banks.

http://www.charlotte.com/business/columnis...ory/545950.html

Ummmmm. Of all the projects that would survive the credit crush, this would be the last on the list, but somehow Dougie included it with the likes of Catalyst and Vue that are 'moving forward'. Someone must be buying him lunches or something, since even how he counts it as moving forward is lame "building a model condo to start selling". So I guess if they finish a single condo and then start taking orders (we all know they will struggle with sales) counts as success these days.

This is such a ridiculous project and it makes no sense that it is continuing when projects that are 3/4+ sold out are somehow on hold by their banks.

http://www.charlotte.com/business/columnis...ory/545950.html

I couldn't agree more with dubone. It is almost embarrasing that this project is being billed as moving forward.

I have yet to figure out who is being drawn to buy here (assuming there are some out there). Potential buyers either don't read UP or aren't concerned about resale, 'cuz I have never heard anyone speak fondly of this project.

Ok, I think somebody on this project read this forum because something actually was done today that is noticeable! I have no idea what it is, but the NHOF side of the project added an extra line of whatever material they are using that is yellow. If you look at the Royal Court webcam, on the very far right of the picture, you can see The Tower. Sometime this morning after 7am, something changed! Big news for this project. :lol:

• 2 months later...

The Tower and The Park are neck-and-neck for the title of "Slowest Ever Constructed Charlotte Midrise". Click the BACK button, and you can find people openly questioning whether "anything is going on here" all the way to the summer of 2006 on each project. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived