The Madison

UrbanCharlotte

Does anyone happen to know if early buyers into this project are in danger of losing their deposits? (a la the Park and 210 Trade)

Actually I never heard if there were any presales to start with----- hard to imagine there was ever a line to get in and put down your money on a Tower unit.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I bet they just have a small crew working this thing. They had pretty much already finished the crane work when they stalled, so the rest very well could be done by crews going up inside the building. If it were a 'real' project, they'd have a lot of people on it to get it done, but they are obviously trying to do it now on the cheap, with time not being an issue. It seems reasonable that they'd just hire a small crew and let them do all the work bit by bit with baby steps. They might go in and do each unit, one at a time and after a while, they will have a finished the building, but only having to trickle in the money.

• 1 month later...

Ha! As horrible as it is, I have to say that it is a welcome image to me to see the exterior close to finished. At least it will take one of many at risk projects off the under construction list. Once it is a usable space, at least they can figure out how to make it work somehow to generate some economic activity.

Ha! As horrible as it is, I have to say that it is a welcome image to me to see the exterior close to finished. At least it will take one of many at risk projects off the under construction list. Once it is a usable space, at least they can figure out how to make it work somehow to generate some economic activity.

Agreed 100%... Even though this thing has been built at a snail's pace, it's good to see that it's coming close to completion. It actually is almost comical how slow this thing has been. I'm thinking by time the Nascar HoF opens up, this thing will be ready for occupancy... And that's what? 2010? :)

The next question is, what do they do with the parking deck? It was originally suppose to get a new facade to cover up the ugly concrete deck. But no work has been done at ground level.

The finished product is certainly better then the unfinished clock tower/elevator shafts that sat there for years. But this will just look awkward if nothing is done to the parking deck.

105153423.jpg

• 4 months later...

Not that this is a new development, but it's been a while since any mention of this project has come up on UP. I noticed a while ago that this project seems about 95% done from the outside. And then it never went past 95%. From the outside, it seems like the only thing left is to put up the railing on the balconies. Everything else has been finished out. I know this isn't the best time to throw a full building of unsold condos on the market, but it just surprises me that they went this far and then just stopped. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this building? At least it's not an eyesore at first glance like the Park - you have to look a little closer to realize this building isn't finished.

Not that this is a new development, but it's been a while since any mention of this project has come up on UP. I noticed a while ago that this project seems about 95% done from the outside. And then it never went past 95%. From the outside, it seems like the only thing left is to put up the railing on the balconies. Everything else has been finished out. I know this isn't the best time to throw a full building of unsold condos on the market, but it just surprises me that they went this far and then just stopped. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this building? At least it's not an eyesore at first glance like the Park - you have to look a little closer to realize this building isn't finished.

If I had a guess, they are building with no debt, so as the deverlopers/investors are willing to commit equity, they build little by little....just going at their own pace....I only say that because it sort of makes sense considering how it is being built and the lack of time concerns....I can't imagine they would drag this slow if they were paying a bank interest.

• 4 weeks later...
If I had a guess, they are building with no debt, so as the deverlopers/investors are willing to commit equity, they build little by little....just going at their own pace....I only say that because it sort of makes sense considering how it is being built and the lack of time concerns....I can't imagine they would drag this slow if they were paying a bank interest.

• 2 months later...

Archived