The Madison

UrbanCharlotte

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well one thing that would certainly help, is if the three buildings were painted different colors! All three buildings, with the Tower in the middle, painted the same color scheme is quite tacky. Too "matchy-matchy"----makes it look suburban.

Turn the Tower into a hotel, come up with two complimentary color schemes for the other hotels, and you'll have an attractive grouping of hotels in a key area (NASCAR, convention center etc)

Condos in the Tower---ferget it.

If ya had that much to spend on an Uptown condo, wouldn't buy into the Park, with west facing views? Wouldn't you choose an upper story at the Vue, with a southern or eastern views? What about the upper floors of 300 S.Tryon? or a condo in Charlotte One with northern views.

I agree with a prior post---to whom are they gonna market the Tower? Who on earth would chunk down $1.5 million for a condo in such a tacky place?

1.5 million to be part of the Hampton Inn... With all do respect to the Hampton Inn. I did hear one feature would be that you would get all of the hotel services at your feet to live in the Tower, however I think most of us would agree it's not worth it there. I still think it all needs to be combined as one Hotel. Someone mentioned about painting the tower. I was thinking about that, and that is actually a very attractive, and very inexpensive idea that I think would do some wonders for it. What if one tower was a nice red or orange, another a sea green, and another a pale purple, or something. Give Charlotte some Mediterranean flavor. There is no color uptown, and that would look really stylish.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not, I think some work is actually going on here again. The past two days while I was driving to work, the crane was moving and lifting stuff up. I am ready for this eyesore to be finished. Of course, I guess a building that appears to be under construction looks much better on the skyline than the just the two elevator shafts/stairwells/whatever they were that sat there once before by themselves. Visitors of the city just look and see another high-rise under construction.

Any movement on that site is certainly good news. I would imagine that both surrounding hotels are not overly thrilled by the dead construction, that keeps the hotels in disarray. I guess the question now is, is this continued construction still at original plans or is something new going to be taking place. If they did decide to alter plans, this "break" in construction could be an explanation for them getting new zoning permits, etc.

• 1 month later...

I realize construction normally appears to slow down after the main structure is raised (remember the courthouse? :rolleyes:) But still, this seems to be barely moving. Here are pics updating the ones I took 4 months ago.

I have to wonder if any of the hotel guests have asked, when this project will finally be completed. :scared:

post-4915-1188792941_thumb.jpg

post-4915-1188792956_thumb.jpg

post-4915-1188792963_thumb.jpg

post-4915-1188792941_thumb.jpg

post-4915-1188792956_thumb.jpg

post-4915-1188792963_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

People bought condos at the speedway, the same ones just might be interested in these being near the Nascar Hall of Fame. I, too, think this is a weird unattractive project -- most especially trying to be luxury, but I never let my personal opinion create too much doubt that some people just might like something the rest of us don't. I just can't see, if I wanted to be in a project associated with a hotel, that these hotels would be the ones.

• 3 weeks later...

We have confirmed activity on this site ... I have been watching over the past week or so trying to figure out if it was progressing, or if that was just my imagination.

This morning I saw the crane moving and workers up in the building, maybe we are finally getting somewhere.

It seems ironic to me that after those towers sat so long looking unfinished that the building that finishes out the complex would do the same ...

We have confirmed activity on this site ... I have been watching over the past week or so trying to figure out if it was progressing, or if that was just my imagination.

This morning I saw the crane moving and workers up in the building, maybe we are finally getting somewhere.

It seems ironic to me that after those towers sat so long looking unfinished that the building that finishes out the complex would do the same ...

^Yeah, I have wondered the same thing ... for a project under construction, this one sure has been hard to find information on.

It seems to me that depending upon how far along the building is with interior walls, it could be difficult and/or expensive to change the development program away from the 26 condos that were planned.

I think we've learned that anything is possible with this site though ... :dontknow:

Archived