City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

• 1 month later...

CityView now has a new website. From what I can tell everything from the old site is on the new site. There are a couple of new pics and this verbage has been added:

As designed, CityView will create an additional gateway to Town Center for both pedestrian and vehicular connectivity, from the rapidly growing Boney Road office district. It will also offer easy access to any future rapid transit initiative that utilizes the nearby Norfolk & Southern right-of-way. :thumbsup:

The separate phases of CityView will be connected along the Thalia Greenway. This will be a walking path and timber bridge system meandering along and spanning Thalia Creek. CityView

Edited by urbanvb

CityView now has a new website. From what I can tell everything from the old site is on the new site. There are a couple of new pics and this verbage has been added:

I might add I recall reading about the trailway expansion into TC sometime ago and at that time there was no funding but hopefully that might change soon.

CityView

The website is very nice and there's a couple new renderings I haven't seen yet. I'm excited about this project. :)

• 2 months later...

wow, not that impressive.

It looks larger in person. My picture taking skills aren't that great puls it's hard to get a good angle on this. They haven't even started adding the exterior on this thing yet so i'll wait till then to pass judgement. Remember, this is just phase 1.

Btw, here's a new rendering of a phase 2 building that was recently added to the city view website.

newphase2.jpg

The building in the foreground is 7 stories... I am guessing the one in the background is roughly twice as high! Also does anyone know what the website is for this development and is it like the Westin one where you can see the floor plan and the price?

I think I like the look of phase two more. Phase one just seems like an apartment/condo complex with a huge parking garage in the middle. Are they connecting the road to the town center?

Phase one is "midtown apartments @ City View". Phase one is only residential and it was only planned for residential in the first place. Phase two is the mixed use portion. They are currently getting their approvals from the army corps of engineers for the CDE extension. Once all approvals are finished then they can connect the road to Constitution.

The building in the foreground is 7 stories... I am guessing the one in the background is roughly twice as high! Also does anyone know what the website is for this development and is it like the Westin one where you can see the floor plan and the price?

The elevations for Phase two are 3-15 stories. The building you see in the background is the 15 story one.

This is the rendering for phase one.

cityviewphaseone.jpg

Phase one is "midtown apartments @ City View". Phase one is only residential and it was only planned for residential in the first place. Phase two is the mixed use portion. They are currently getting their approvals from the army corps of engineers for the CDE extension. Once all approvals are finished then they can connect the road to Constitution.

The elevations for Phase two are 3-15 stories. The building you see in the background is the 15 story one.

Vdogg, are you sure about it being 15 stories. Looking at photo 13 on the cityview site the tallest building looks like it's 9-10 stories?

Vdogg, are you sure about it being 15 stories. Looking at photo 13 on the cityview site the tallest building looks like it's 9-10 stories?

Well if you look at the rendering above where it shows the phase 2 building with a larger one in the background, count the front building's floors and then add what you can see of the other building...

Well if you look at the rendering above where it shows the phase 2 building with a larger one in the background, count the front building's floors and then add what you can see of the other building...
Also, on photo #15, which is an elevation rendering of the tallest building, I count 9 floors. I think they have the building's height distorted in the above photo just to fill background space.

Also, on photo #15, which is an elevation rendering of the tallest building, I count 9 floors. I think they have the building's height distorted in the above photo just to fill background space.

I'm not going by the rendering, I'm going by the actual planning documents that said the buildings will range in elevation from 3 stories for the shortest structure to 15 for the tallest. I think I posted a link to those documents somewhere in this thread, if not i'll post them online when I get home.