City View Phase 3 (Under Construction)

vdogg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally some real progress!

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

And on a kind of related note, I am not sure if this (the old Days Inn site on Bonney) is a staging area for TC (maybe Westin facade) or CityView but it was really strange to see a Ford Explorer having been turned on it's side! :dontknow:

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Edited by urbanvb

• 3 weeks later...

this project will basically turn Bonney road into that edge of downtown. I have to agree I think that was in some aspects a bad idea designing the Bonney road side like that, but I really can't say for sure. That is something tha only time can really predict. Nonetheless, I love seeing a real downtown actually happening for my hometown, just wish this had happened while I was growing up there. Would of been nice to be able to experience it happening.

But then again, without a downtown in VB caused me to fall in love with Norfolk's downtown, so what can ya do.

this project will basically turn Bonney road into that edge of downtown. I have to agree I think that was in some aspects a bad idea designing the Bonney road side like that, but I really can't say for sure. That is something tha only time can really predict. Nonetheless, I love seeing a real downtown actually happening for my hometown, just wish this had happened while I was growing up there. Would of been nice to be able to experience it happening.

But then again, without a downtown in VB caused me to fall in love with Norfolk's downtown, so what can ya do.

wow scratch this comment, I was thinking this one was the old HQ site, my bad. But Bonney would still be more or less the edge of the urban downtown. Shame I never bought into those condos that are between the town center and city view. They were just out of my budget at the time, but if I would of bought one then, I would probably be sitting on a nice little gold mine now. Shame to think about, but oh well.

It is good to see this project finally rolling.

• 4 weeks later...

Is that just going to be a free standing parking garage, or are they going to put retail under it. I thought in the renderings the garage was going to be hidden, but that doesnt look to be the case.

Believe it or not, there have never been any clear renderings for phase 1. All the renderings that have been released are for phase 2. I'm sure they exist, they were just never publicly released. So basically, I don't know. :lol: I was under the impression though that the first phase was just residential.