The Watering Hole

Ready for the blizzard today?!! It's supposed to go from snow, to rain, back to snow again tonight.

I just read that for the entire U.S., this April is tracking to be the coldest in 113 years:

http://www.agweb.com/get_article.aspx?page...amp;src=gennews

I'm watching a guy sitting in a crane that is fully exposed to the elements (no cab) fish sheetrock through a window in the back of the Uptown Village apartments while he gets blasted with 35 mph winds and a LOT of snow. I hope his yellow rainsuit is insulated.

He has the worst job in the world today.

Does anyone know where there is a Dunkin Doughnuts closer to DT than East Paris and 28th?
If you are just looking for doughnuts near downtown instead of Dunkin Doughnuts in particular, try Van's Pastry Shop on Fulton near Diamond in the Brikyaat neighborhood, or American Bread Company on Bridge Street. (I haven't been in American Bread Company in years, I assume they still have doughnuts.)

If you are just looking for doughnuts near downtown instead of Dunkin Doughnuts in particular, try Van's Pastry Shop on Fulton near Diamond in the Brikyaat neighborhood, or American Bread Company on Bridge Street. (I haven't been in American Bread Company in years, I assume they still have doughnuts.)

American Bread Company on Bridge St. is phenomenal! I was there not too long ago, and the still had doughnuts and pastries then.

American Bread Company on Bridge St. is phenomenal! I was there not too long ago, and the still had doughnuts and pastries then.
Speaking of the American Bread Company, for those of you who may have been too young or may have not been around here about ten years ago, Max Apple wrote a New York Times best selling book about his grandfather who worked as a baker at the American Bread Company well into his nineties. He lived to be 106. Apple followed it up with a book about his grandmother. Peter Faulk played the part of his grandfather in a made for TV movie although in the movie they changed both the name of the bakery and the city. Anyway, both books give a good picture of what it was like growing up on the west side in the fifties and sixties. The grandfather book is the better of the two but the grandmother book has more about Grand Rapids. He must have offended some people or got legal advice after the first book since in the second book he didn Edited by walker