The Watering Hole

What's the deal with the billboard on NB131 around Franklin St? Its black with a red star and the words "its coming..."

Anyone know what that is talking about?

I was told on Saturday that it is for the Red Star bar that is going in where the Level was. I heard Saturday was the last day for the level.

If anyone is interested in seeing photos of the new super jumbo Airbus A380 in Chicago, my Dad was there & took photos.

You can view his photos at Abacus Software's website.

Look for the Quick News & click on the Airbus A380.....

Does anyone know what the air traffic controllers will say to call out this huge plane? They use "heavy" for larger airplanes.... Whenever I fly I like to listen to the pilots & air traffic controllers talk.

Well, I really wanted to go downtown yesterday with my friend. And I did! Only not in the vehicle I had planned.. an ambulance. Long story short, I fell on a rail and landed balls-first, passed out, and hit my head. I passed out twice more after that and actually stopped breathing once. So, I got to spend my entire day over at Spectrum. (And will get to spend my entire year flat-broke, now! D= )

Overall they were very friendly, but service was s-l-o-w. We were told 30-45m for results from the CAT Scan, but it took twice that long.. and it also took nearly an hour for the food tray.

Well, I really wanted to go downtown yesterday with my friend. And I did! Only not in the vehicle I had planned.. an ambulance. Long story short, I fell on a rail and landed balls-first, passed out, and hit my head. I passed out twice more after that and actually stopped breathing once. So, I got to spend my entire day over at Spectrum. (And will get to spend my entire year flat-broke, now! D= )

Overall they were very friendly, but service was s-l-o-w. We were told 30-45m for results from the CAT Scan, but it took twice that long.. and it also took nearly an hour for the food tray.

OUCH!

Did you go to Butterworth? They're replacing the floors in the ED right now so half the ED is shut down (including the ED's CT scanner) - it's a mess right now. The trauma bay closes next week, so if anyone here was planning on getting in a car accident, I would wait 3 weeks.

I fell on a rail and landed balls-first, passed out, and hit my head. I passed out twice more after that and actually stopped breathing once. So, I got to spend my entire day over at Spectrum. (And will get to spend my entire year flat-broke, now! D= )

:shok::blink:

Were you skating? BMX?.. something sort of "extreme"?.. or did you just.. happen to fall on a rail clumsely....

:shok::blink:

Yeah I was in Butterworth. I was bugging all the staff asking how the progress was, what was behind the closed off sections, if lobby revamping had begun yet, etc. =p

And actually it was my first day of trying out "parkour" with a friend. It's an art of going from point A to point B without stopping... involves jumping over things etc. I was practicing vaults over railings, and apparently it's a bad idea to jump with the wrong foot first.

Get off the computer, put on shorts and a tee shirt, and go outside. It's still 72 degrees out as of 10:16! :yahoo:

This is what I love about warm weather. Being in shorts/shirt at night. Plus, having the nice breeze with the windows finally open is great as well.

Spring is HERE!

I think the estimated time of closure is 2 weeks.

Yep. "The westbound I-196 off-ramp to Ottawa Avenue is closed for approximately two weeks. The posted detour is westbound I-196 to Lane Avenue, exit at Lane Avenue, turn left on Lane Avenue, proceed to the eastbound I-196 on-ramp and exit at Ottawa Avenue."