The Watering Hole

Zeeland secretary might be rehired.

I really have to wonder why the school felt so much remorse over firing someone who couldn't do their job...

Whats disturbing is that the OK conference is ran out of Hudsonville... something tells me that school's best interests aren't being fully represented here.

Edited by snoogit

This was certainly a long time coming, they had just missed it on the last vote, however, I enjoyed the history of the City League having its own tradition and am kind of sad to see join with the OK conference, especially as a graduate of a city league school.

I dunno it just seems the OK conference HQ should be in a different area I guess.

I agree, I mean, is Hudsonville really a centralized location for all the schools represented within the OK conference? Even something like Jenison or Grandville were appear to fit that bill a bit more.

Anyway, totally off topic, but Im gone from the forums for a few days and the GR has threads I haven't read spilling into two pages, impressive activity!

greenbluemask.gif

MLive.com finally uploaded my essay:

http://tinyurl.com/2u6ojn

and

http://tinyurl.com/2jyc7v

Rumour has it that a King Cake arrived at my workplace (I was at a staff meeting out of town). Don't know who to blame...I found that Kroger in Toledo has them, and brought back three which covers about half of my Mardi Gras events.

king_cake.jpg

Edited by Veloise

Gung Hei Fat Choi!

Happy Chinese New Year! Today marks the end of the Year of the Dog, as tomorrow we ring in the Year of the Boar otherwise known as the Pig.

The Pig is said to be the luckiest of all the Chinese astrology signs, as it means money & prosperity. Piggy banks, get it....

During this holiday, it is said to that China holds the largest migration of people, as travelers scurry to get home to celebrate with family. My cousin Yao Ming Lei returned home to Guangzhou after working for two weeks in Shenzhen to celebrate with my great-aunt and his family. Over in Ottawa Hills, 26 of my family members will gather to celebrate the New Year over a traditional Cantonese feast & the passing around of lucky red envelopes.

Hi everyone! Just a quick question. As a guest I've always wondered what it means where it says "crossroads, hamlet, metropolis, etc." under your user names. What do these mean and how do you improve them?

Welcome AbsoluteGR! It's all based on how many posts you have. The more posts you have, the larger type of city you become.

Love that guy, great b-baller...............

"Small" world dept: my brother lives in Houston. He's in the Rolodexes of many local ad agencies. And he is 6'7".

A Chinese cell phone company (Unicom) filmed an advert starring Yao Ming (who plays for the Houston whatevers), and Ed was the stand-in.

See it here:

My bro appears dribbling atop the train, running into the canyon, and at :51 they pan up that group of people and cut...too late! (Yao does not have a moustache.)

Gung Hei Fat Choi!

Happy Chinese New Year! Today marks the end of the Year of the Dog, as tomorrow we ring in the Year of the Boar otherwise known as the Pig.

The Pig is said to be the luckiest of all the Chinese astrology signs, as it means money & prosperity. Piggy banks, get it....

During this holiday, it is said to that China holds the largest migration of people, as travelers scurry to get home to celebrate with family. My cousin Yao Ming Lei returned home to Guangzhou after working for two weeks in Shenzhen to celebrate with my great-aunt and his family. Over in Ottawa Hills, 26 of my family members will gather to celebrate the New Year over a traditional Cantonese feast & the passing around of lucky red envelopes.

So, how was that Cantonese feast? (mouth waters)

So, how was that Cantonese feast? (mouth waters)

We had traditional wonton soup, it was quite delicious. My Dad makes the best wontons! We also had Xi Yow Gai (soy sauce chicken), Cha Siu Bau's (think Chinese-style BBQ pork surrounded by sweet bread), Cha Siu spareribs, Mapo Tofu, Chow Fan, and Bak Fan. Not a whole lot of Dim Sum or Chow Fun, fat stir-fried rice noodles, but it was all good!

MLive.com finally uploaded my essay:

http://tinyurl.com/2u6ojn

and

http://tinyurl.com/2jyc7v

Rumour has it that a King Cake arrived at my workplace (I was at a staff meeting out of town). Don't know who to blame...I found that Kroger in Toledo has them, and brought back three which covers about half of my Mardi Gras events.

Great article. Thank you for sharing!