Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Any one notice the new HUGE IHOP sign on North Monroe? You cant miss it!

Speaking of signs.... Poonther you are the sign guy, how do you like the new Apogee sign that was recently erected on 1105 N. Monroe? Looks to have a digital display on the bottom. I think it looks great. I would like to see the old outdated sign on Monroe, try to compete a little.

KFC on Thomasville Road is closed. I tried to go there for lunch today but was stopped at the door by an employee (only 1 there) that said there were going out of business.

There were already workers there that looked like they were tearing out the fixtures.

I am wondering if this has something to do with the Publix coming there.

Any one notice the new HUGE IHOP sign on North Monroe? You cant miss it!

Speaking of signs.... Poonther you are the sign guy, how do you like the new Apogee sign that was recently erected on 1105 N. Monroe? Looks to have a digital display on the bottom. I think it looks great. I would like to see the old outdated sign on Monroe, try to compete a little.

Ashby reviews One-O-One restaurant and Mint Lounge

Even though in the headline he mentions tapas and 'tinis downtown, he didn't even sample or talk about their 24 specialty martinis. Instead Ashby and Co. had Pinot Grigio and Cupcake Chardonnay. :wacko: Anyway sounds like a fun place I'd like to visit, but I think I'll avoid it this crowded weekend since it was just reviewed and there's a home game in town.

If anyone heads over that way soon, let us know your thoughts please.

Hey mracca, you think they'll serve "round-tine?"

When last night to go eat at Huston's Cafe in the Southwood Town Center with my wife. Got to the front door and it was locked, but there were several employees inside. One came to the door and apologized stating that Huston's Cafe was closed. He said that another restaurant would be opening in the same location in several weeks. Behind the business, a lot of the kitchen equipment was being taken out and loaded up onto trucks.

Anyone hear why they are closing or if they are just chaning names? I must say, every time I go to, or drive to the Southwood Town Center, it is always dead! Lot of empty shops, and the businesses that are there are rarely busy. I am not sure how the Subway survives there, unless they do a huge lunch crowd from all the state workers.....

^ The story I've been told is that the new owners (from a few months back) have taken on an additional partner & they're closing for 2-3 weeks for remodeling, etc. When they reopen it will be called "Coach's" & will be more of a sports themed bar & grill. The inside is being completely redone, more flat screens are being added, the menu is being revamped, etc. Only time will tell if it can be successful....which I hope it will be.

The trouble with businesses making in Town Center is the unwillingness of St. Joe, or whoever they are today, to work with them on lease terms & rates. They demand top dollar from day 1 giving them no time to build up the business. It's a recipe for failure. It's almost as if they don't want these locally owned businesses to make it. The Subway in SW Town Center does a booming lunch business from the State offices & nearby schools & they're busy when the high schools have home football games but other than that they're slow.

^ Good point poonther! That's exactly what they plan to do. They want to build business around a family friendly environment & take advantage of the lawn area outside to host community events tied in with their establishment. I think it will pay off for them.

And speaking of Beef's....the BoB on CCSE across from Sam's is getting a new manager with a mandate to do whatever is necessary to build up their business. It supposedly has the lowest sales & profits of their entire 168 unit chain.

Ah I think Coach's has an excellent plan for biz and wish them well Glenn. I'm sure Sharkey's can only benefit from this too b/c hopefully it will draw more people to the TC. BTW has anyone here eaten at the downtown Sharkey's? If so, do tell please...

You know Glenn, I had to think about where that Beef's was located on CCSE for quite awhile before I remembered it. In just driving by, it's hard to see that location if you are driving south and even when driving north, it just doesn't stick out. Is the interior up to par w/other Beef's? To be honest I've never been in a Beef's anywhere. I don't eat there b/c they don't show minorities in their commercials! :lol: (OK b4 you guys rip me a new one, that's a reference to an old old discussion we had here years ago.)

Archived