Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

Dang 'roo you "scooped" me. :silly: I drove by there tonight and the place was packed and I was going to report it here. Does this mean you are back in Tally for awhile?

B'boom it looks like there is going to be a forward expansion of Durango's/Marie Livingston's, however the area is just framed in wood. Not sure if it will be an interior or exterior expansion. I swear at the pace this thing is going, I definitely believe Marie and her gals are doing the work themselves!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Well welcome back, if only for a few days. Do you think you'll make it over to the iHOP before you leave? Personally I'd stay away from the place this weekend especially during the morning hours....good grief! :blink: Are they open 24hrs? If so, 2am might not be a bad time to visit.

mmMMMMmmm I had me some Tijuana Flats Tuesday. It was so good. I talk to the manager and he said that they have plans to open up a few more in Tallahassee soon depending on how well they do now. So I encourage every one to get them some TF. The space Murals and the Bright green and pinks really lit up the place. And I agree with one of the last posters, if you order a burrito get it "wet" with Extra Caso. In the words of the great TD its..... "YUM!"

Just a quick note, I also ate a Moe's Last week and there food and Service was crap, I don't feel like going into detail, but hopefully they will get the butt back in gear now that we have TF around. Or else!!

I also Ate a Monks for a Party Saturday the first time, and Had the "Magic Mushroom" and although I didn't get the euphoric feeling I was hoping for, I definitely did enjoy the burger. Place was really good and the decor was cool, but IMHO the blue walls were a little too dark for such a cramp space in the front dinning area. The back yard with horse shoes was cool though. I thought it was a little funny and odd when I asked the waitress what hamburger she recommended and she said that she has never tried any of them cause the is a Vegetarian.

Good reviews mracca. I'm going to try and get over to TF's sometime w/in the next week. Which Moe's was it that you had this bad experience? I've always been pretty pleased w/the one on West Tenn near FSU, but have never enjoyed the one on the Parkway in the old KFC.

We are still wanting to get over to Monk's, but I keep forgetting about it and seldom drive by that area. Thanks for the reminder. I know exactly how small that front room is there and if they painted it a dark blue, I completely agree w/you about it being the wrong color. Well then the vegetarian waitress should have recommended the veggie burger as the best one. :)

mracca have you been to the new pub that opened next to hhgregg on the parkway? I'm just wondering what type of client

mmMMMMmmm I had me some Tijuana Flats Tuesday. It was so good. I talk to the manager and he said that they have plans to open up a few more in Tallahassee soon depending on how well they do now. So I encourage every one to get them some TF. The space Murals and the Bright green and pinks really lit up the place. And I agree with one of the last posters, if you order a burrito get it "wet" with Extra Caso. In the words of the great TD its..... "YUM!"

Just a quick note, I also ate a Moe's Last week and there food and Service was crap, I don't feel like going into detail, but hopefully they will get the butt back in gear now that we have TF around. Or else!!

I also Ate a Monks for a Party Saturday the first time, and Had the "Magic Mushroom" and although I didn't get the euphoric feeling I was hoping for, I definitely did enjoy the burger. Place was really good and the decor was cool, but IMHO the blue walls were a little too dark for such a cramp space in the front dinning area. The back yard with horse shoes was cool though. I thought it was a little funny and odd when I asked the waitress what hamburger she recommended and she said that she has never tried any of them cause the is a Vegetarian.

Cool just wondering about your contact over there. I like both blogs and tend to relate to both of you well except for your love of PBR...come on :lol:

Question since you haunt Decent Pizza more than I do. Originally it was opened by a guy, I forget his name, from Alabama. I believe he has sold it to the women I see w/blondish hair? Is that correct? If so how long ago did that happen? Did the original owner move out of town? And do you like it better the old way or now the new way?

FF I can tell a little difference since the change in ownership over at Decent. They tend to cook the crust a little longer over there now or they may have changed the recipe slightly...not sure. They also got rid of the portabello pizza.

If I recall correctly, the guys that first started Decent use to work at Momo's.

Speaking of Bird's, have you been to their trivia nights on Mondays? If so how is it?

FF I can tell a little difference since the change in ownership over at Decent. They tend to cook the crust a little longer over there now or they may have changed the recipe slightly...not sure. They also got rid of the portabello pizza.

If I recall correctly, the guys that first started Decent use to work at Momo's.

Speaking of Bird's, have you been to their trivia nights on Mondays? If so how is it?

I have to report on my experience to Tijuana Flats....

Unfortunatley I was not impressed....

Don't get me wrong the quality of the food, and the speed and staff were great....

But, its very expensive....... I got the same meal I could get at Qdoba or Moes for 11.00 + change this includes a drink

At moes or qdoba it comes out to 9.00 + change....

Eating out as a whole is very expensive these days. but I dont see myself frequenting the Flats because of the prices.

Well I was super excited to eat at our TF this afternoon. Everything we had was delicious, until it made both my husband and myself sick a couple hours later. :sick:

We'll try them again, but it is a rare occasion that a restuarant can make my husband ill, makes me nervous.

Haven't had a chance to check out T.F. yet but did get to have dinner at the new Ihop over the weekend. I am a big fan of ihop and was not dissapointed at all with our new local ihop. The food was great, the staff was very friendly and everything else was great. I was very surprised to see how busy they were at 9:30 pm. As of now they are closing at 10, but if I remember correctly they will convert to a 24hr store soon. When we left, the place still had a wait list for a table.

Anyone have a date on the el ihop?

Well I was super excited to eat at our TF this afternoon. Everything we had was delicious, until it made both my husband and myself sick a couple hours later. :sick:

We'll try them again, but it is a rare occasion that a restuarant can make my husband ill, makes me nervous.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but Starbucks will be closing 600 stores nationwide. The starbucks on Ocala and TN (Publix shopping center) will be closing. There is a sign in there store stating they are one of the 600 closing. According to the employee I talked to this morning they do not have a date but were told 6 months to 1 year.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but Starbucks will be closing 600 stores nationwide. The starbucks on Ocala and TN (Publix shopping center) will be closing. There is a sign in there store stating they are one of the 600 closing. According to the employee I talked to this morning they do not have a date but were told 6 months to 1 year.

I, myself, like Starbucks; however, I do not understand the reasoning behind opening one at I-10 and Thomasville Road; another just 2-3 miles North on Thomasville Road and Kerry Forest; another one 1.5 miles North in the Target; and yet another one planned to be opening across the street from the Target on the corner of Thomasville Road and Bradfordville. I can't imagine all 4 getting enough business when they are that close together. It seems to me that Fallschase would have gotten one since the people travelling that direction have to go all the way over to Timberlane to get to the nearest store.

I am not sure about any of the other starbucks in town. The only reason I know that the one in the Ocala shopping center is closing is because they have a sign posted. If anyone happens to stop by any of the other starbucks in town, maybe they could report back and let us know if anything is posted in the other stores.

Wonder what happens to the employees of the closing stores? Out of luck, no more job? Or will they be able to be transferred?

Archived