Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

I searched the forums and have not found anything about this, but over the last year or so, a colleague of mine thought he heard of an Olive Garden going out around the Bradfordville area. Does anyone know anything about this? It sounds like just talk to me, but I thought I would ask anyway.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been meaning to ask you Belch...is that you in the red dress? :rofl:

Also has anyone else eaten at Sakuro on North Monroe yet? We've had one good review about it and one so-so review. I'd like to go there and I'm just curious to what others have thought. mracca have you or anyone in your family been there yet?

Man, that was good!!!!!!!

I've not heard the Olive Garden Rumor Scubaboy, although it does sound feasible. I have heard through the RRM that Banjo's (a place I've never been to) will re-branding themselves as a Country Food type dinner, similar to Po' Folk's I'd ASSume and adopting a new name: Helen's. Anyone else hear about this?

Man, that was good!!!!!!!

I've not heard the Olive Garden Rumor Scubaboy, although it does sound feasible. I have heard through the RRM that Banjo's (a place I've never been to) will re-branding themselves as a Country Food type dinner, similar to Po' Folk's I'd ASSume and adopting a new name: Helen's. Anyone else hear about this?

Anyone ever been to Clusters and Hops on N. Monroe? Today was my first visit there and I must say it's a place to go! The lunch was fantastic and the prices are great too. I had the buffalo chicken salad which was absolutely THE BEST salad I have ever eaten. The presentation of the food was outstanding. I have never seen a plate of food look so good in all my life. The other two people had a goat cheese sandwich which looked very good too. Both of them agreed that it taste GREAT! When we sat down for lunch, we were given what looked to be a small dish of there mac and cheese, and I must say it was very impressive. There's something like 5 different cheeses in the dish. Now I am not a wine drinker nor do I know a thing about wine, but the one guy we ate with is in the wine business and he was telling us that cluster and hops has the best hand picked selection of wine he has ever seen. This must be a great selection because this guy sells wine for a living. All I know this was one place I was not aware of in town and I will be back for lunch. The food was outstanding!

^Good find belch! I live around the corner and have been to C&H a few times. You are right, the food is great and the presentation of the food is good also. I'm not wild about their decor/ambiance, but it isn't terrible. I've never been there for lunch nor have I had their mac and cheese, but I've heard tons of people rave about it as you did. One friend told me the mac and cheese was so good, that he licked the bowl. :) Their wine selection is outstanding and probably do have the best selection of specialty wines in the city.

Hey mracca, I forgot to congratulate you on the new job! Congratulations and I hope it's a good one for you!!!!

We ate at Sakuro Saturday night on your suggestion and we were not disappointed. We got there a little after 9pm...after a few libations from the Winery in Midtown....and were seated promptly. I must say I was impressed w/the decor. IMHO (and that ain't much when it comes to Asian) their decor is by far the most authentic in Tallytown. It reminded me of the inside of many Asian restaurants I've eaten at on the West Coast (as close as I've gotten to Asia, well besides Hawaii.) The service was prompt and friendly. I had the sushi platter and while I'll not say it's the best sushi I've had in my life, it was good. My friend has those flaming volcano rolls and thankfully none of the "golly-wow" crowd was there to point and gawk at them. Those in my party also raved about the lobster bisque (I believe that is the correct name) and the donburi. They have express bento box lunches much like Masa in the same price range, around $8 bucks, that I'd like to try. Thanks for the tip mracca. I'll be going again too!

I'm curious if josefk has been to Sakuro since he has an authentic Asian food critic in his family. :)

Thanks Poonther. I work for Environmental Consulting Technologies .inc. Glad you like the restaurant, I think we may be going again tonight.

Tijuana Flats will be open on Monday the 29... I know... I called. :-) Let the "spank my ass and call me sally" hot sauce bliss commence!

^Hey mracca w/the new job you landed, you deserve to go out to dinner. :) I think at T.F's they should make you the very first customer!

The 29th in June comes on a Sunday and in July on a Tuesday, which month did you mean they are opening?

I went to Tijuana Flat's for lunch today, to "pop their cherry" so to speak. I was not disappointed! :D The sauce bar was amazing. Everything was fresh, great and yummy. I've found a new Mexican best friend (sorry Moe's)!

I think IHOP on Apalachee Parkway may be open (or opening very shortly). I drove by there the other afternoon and saw lights on inside and cars in the parking lot; I don't know if they were customers or new employees going through orientation.

Still no visible sign of work on El Ihop on Monroe, though.

I think IHOP on Apalachee Parkway may be open (or opening very shortly). I drove by there the other afternoon and saw lights on inside and cars in the parking lot; I don't know if they were customers or new employees going through orientation.

Still no visible sign of work on El Ihop on Monroe, though.

Archived