Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not sure about any of the other starbucks in town. The only reason I know that the one in the Ocala shopping center is closing is because they have a sign posted. If anyone happens to stop by any of the other starbucks in town, maybe they could report back and let us know if anything is posted in the other stores.

Wonder what happens to the employees of the closing stores? Out of luck, no more job? Or will they be able to be transferred?

Wow, thes impressive. I really like that particular store. I would like to see where the one on TN street ranks. It seems that place is always packed with people.

I am a big starbucks fan, anyone prefer other local coffee shops. expecially local? Always up to try a local coffee shop!

My mom swears by Black Dog at Lake Ella and my friends swear by All Saints on Railroad. Black Dog has better ambiance, if you will, with the deck overlooking Lake Ella, but All Saints is hipper and open 24/7.

Personally, I don't drink coffee.

Parent company of Bennigan's, Steak & Ale, etal files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/29/news/compa...f=ib_topstories

http://www.metromediarestaurants.com/default.php

I didn't realize they owned all the other restaurant chains shown on their website.

EDITED TO ADD: I got interrupted earlier today when I was originally posting this but, just to clarify, the only reason I posted this is because I knew how much Poonther absolutely LOVED Bennigan's sticky floors & Steak & Ale's huge sign. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an interesting article about the problems Cold Stone Ice Cream franchisees are facing

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Inves...ill.aspx?page=1

Even more interesting is a blub about the guy who owned the two Cold Stones in Tallahassee (from page 3 of the article)

"Former Florida franchisee Cecil Rolle has become more nettlesome to Cold Stone than most. After the company terminated him last year, it alleged in a Florida circuit court action that he had been caught removing equipment from one of his three Florida stores in the middle of the night.

The company also filed suit in federal district court in Tallahassee to recover what it said are substantial sums he owes.

Rolle acknowledges seeking to remove equipment and withholding payments. But he and his wife have countersued, contending among other things that they were misled when told they would make "right around a 20% profit" on a mall store they bought. Cold Stone wouldn't comment on Rolle's allegations, but in a recent e-mail to franchisees, a Cold Stone attorney sought to counter what he termed "Mr. Rolle's inaccurate and misleading attacks against us."

Rolle is trying to organize other franchisees for a possible class-action suit seeking some remedy from Cold Stone and Kahala. He spends much of his days at his Gainesville, Fla., home e-mailing with disillusioned former and current franchisees. "I feel like I'm doing something good," he says. And last month, Rolle opened an ice-cream shop in Tallahassee -- on the site of a former Cold Stone store."

Good find jpl02!

Sounds like this has been a "Rocky Road" for the Hogtown owner. :rofl:

Glenn I've heard that over 20 missing persons have been found since the closing of all the Bennigan's. Seems they have been stuck to the Bennigan's sticky floors in remote areas of the restaurants for years.

Whats going on at the old Durango steak house on the parkway? Over the last week and this weekend there has been some contractors working on the exterior and looks to be adding an addition to the front of the building. I know a while back there was word that Maria Livingstons would be opening up a second location there? Is this still the case?

^ I spoke to Marie about the slow progress of her 2nd location. She said it's been due to the typical permitting issues & frustrations associated with all of that. She said the new location will have the same menu. She also startled me when she said the owners of her current location have chosen not to renew her lease so she was quite relieved to have already gotten started on her planned 2nd ( but soon to be only) location. She got busy & had to go so I didn't get to ask her a timeframe for opening the Parkway location or vacating her current location. I'll question her more on our next visit.

^ I spoke to Marie about the slow progress of her 2nd location. She said it's been due to the typical permitting issues & frustrations associated with all of that. She said the new location will have the same menu. She also startled me when she said the owners of her current location have chosen not to renew her lease so she was quite relieved to have already gotten started on her planned 2nd ( but soon to be only) location. She got busy & had to go so I didn't get to ask her a timeframe for opening the Parkway location or vacating her current location. I'll question her more on our next visit.

Archived