Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

sounds fantasyfull with the trolly...lol. But i would definatly hope on the old Bike with the boys (drinking and biking is easier when you are good at both) we are in need of more dining options than wendy's, compadres, and Milt's... lol. How late are they open, could be an awsome after midnight spot.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had lunch at Ale House, and it was only $5. I can't remember the last time I had lunch for $5, especially "downtown" (though not inside of TJs red line).

The wait was 20 minutes at noon.

I kind of wonder if that kind of wait will result in the resurrection of Bennigans and an increase in traffic at Chilis.

The wait was 20 minutes at noon.

I kind of wonder if that kind of wait will result in the resurrection of Bennigans and an increase in traffic at Chilis.

Not when your feet stick to the floor, the service is poor and the food is even worse. Bennigans should be put out of its misery.

BTW who the heck is eating here and keeping this "dog" alive?

I said the same thing about the parking. I think Miller's is too popular for its own good. They have more parking that most restaurants in town and still, not enough. It was kinda funny looking across the street at Chili's which seemed relatively quiet compared to Miller's. I thought it was funny to see so many free parking spaces over there.

Did you see me last night. I know you have this knack for spotting me out and not saying anything.

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. Our cruise just got in this morning...yes I did see you there, but I wasnt completely positive it was you, and I pretty much like to keep to myself a lot. Plus the game was going, and I was pretty zoned into it. Sorry! :thumbsup:

A couple of friends of mine wanted to go to Millers Saturday night and I tried to warn them....There was a 2 hour wait! There were parking spots available because the wait was so long people just left...

It's a common symptom of new Tally restaurants that people flock to them and the wait times balloon out of control. :wacko:

Is there any type of solution to this? Is this a product of our city size or what?

I STILL have not made it into the new Miller's Ale House! Everytime I've tried there's been a 1 hour+ wait! My day will come though, probably whenever the next NEW place opens...Ha! :lol:

By the way, I'm told by new employees of each that "Fusions" on North Monroe & "Huston's" in SouthWood are both suppossed to open for business sometime next week. :)

I guess you can say that! LOL! One way or another, I'll definately be there. Huston's did a trial run Friday night, many of Mr. Huston's friends showed up for dinner and all ate for free. The Alcohol was free too, and they could order anything on the menu. It was quite an experience.

Teriyaki San

Japanese Grill

Tonight the girlfriend and I decided to try it out. Its located on Pensacola Street (College Town Central) just across from the Gold Gym / Aveda Institute Plaza. We felt going in that it was a bit smoky looking... there seemed to be a haze thru the windows. The smoke wasn't as bad as it looked. Apparently they need to do some duct work to get the smoke going to the right places. There was a somewhat limited menu. You could choose from Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, or a combo of each in the form of a rice Hibatchi or Teriyaki. She had the Teriyaki, I had the Hibatchi... we would later share. They gave us tons of food, rice, cabage, I believe some onion, shrimp and steak. It was great!!! I'm normally a big eater, but I couldn't eat all of this food. I'll be eating some for lunch tomorrow... and maybe some the next day too!!

All in all it was a great experience (which is why I'm telling about it) and I would definately reccomend this place to someone who's been afriad to try. I know I'll be going back for my next Oriental fix.

Price: $20.00 for both meals

Website for Menu

We inaugurated Hustons last night and had a great time. The meal was inexpensive, fast, and friendly.

As I learned more and more about the project over the last few months, it increasingly differed from my preconceived notions about what the end result would be like. That being said, I was very happy with the actual end result, however unexpected it was.

I think they will do some great lunch business for the state offices, and will get a good share of my dinner business.

It sounds like it is The Loop, reinvented. Do elaborate. Still miss the closed Loop out in my neck of the woods.

You're right. It is basically just that! Same owners and staffing (management wise).

We inaugurated Hustons last night and had a great time. The meal was inexpensive, fast, and friendly.

As I learned more and more about the project over the last few months, it increasingly differed from my preconceived notions about what the end result would be like. That being said, I was very happy with the actual end result, however unexpected it was.

I think they will do some great lunch business for the state offices, and will get a good share of my dinner business.

What time last night? I'm just curious to know if anyone from here was there after 6.

:yahoo: He Finally Posted! Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee JBarber! :yahoo:

I've been dying to know, what is the Pine Tip?

WTH? Can you see me lurking? You aren't my employer are you? j/k Pine Tip Hills is my neighborhood - those in the know call it Pine Tip.

To stick with the restaurant theme - good article in the paper yesterday about the best joint in town (imo). Food Glorious Food is almost finshed with renovations to upgrade the kitchen, add a bar and add seating. Here's a tip - when you go get the baclava cheesecake, take it home and refrigerate over night, then eat it cold for breakfast.

Story here

fgf website

Finally, I hear Finnegan's Wake is having a thing for St. Patty's day on Friday, with outdoor seating, eating and drinking.

WTH? Can you see me lurking? You aren't my employer are you? j/k Pine Tip Hills is my neighborhood - those in the know call it Pine Tip.

To stick with the restaurant theme - good article in the paper yesterday about the best joint in town (imo). Food Glorious Food is almost finshed with renovations to upgrade the kitchen, add a bar and add seating. Here's a tip - when you go get the baclava cheesecake, take it home and refrigerate over night, then eat it cold for breakfast.

Finally, I hear Finnegan's Wake is having a thing for St. Patty's day on Friday, with outdoor seating, eating and drinking.

I'd also like to say "Welcome to Urban Planet-Tallahassee", JBarber! Good to have you on here with us.

I'm a big fan of Food Glorious Food as well. I've never tried their Baklava Cheescake...but I will now! I'm excited about their recent expansion.

Speaking of Finnegan's...the upcoming St. Patty's Day thing sounds like fun. Thanks for making us aware of it.

Haven't been to the new Huston's in SouthWood yet but plan to do so in the next couple of days & will offer my insight afterwards. Still haven't gotten into Miller's Ale House yet...Ha!

I noticed the new Fusion's on North Monroe between 5th & 6th is now open. It's in the NE corner of the Boardwalk Shopping Plaza. They had signs & banners out front this afternoon.

I also heard today that a new coffee pub of some type will be opening soon in the Manor @ Midtown complex.

OK...now I'm really hungry! :lol:

You're right. It is basically just that! Same owners and staffing (management wise).

What time last night? I'm just curious to know if anyone from here was there after 6.

We walked over around 6:15 or so, and left around 7pm. There was a crowd, but it was manageable. It was much more Loop-like than I thought it would be, but that seemed to be a good thing. I noticed that the logo on the door said "Cafe Huston - since 1983". I am not sure if that is a reference to his career starting with the Loop or not, but I know that it has not been open since 1983!

Also - welcome JBarber - thought we would never see you contribute! Check the bottom of the page, you can see who is logged in and reading the post when you are there.

We walked over around 6:15 or so, and left around 7pm. There was a crowd, but it was manageable. It was much more Loop-like than I thought it would be, but that seemed to be a good thing. I noticed that the logo on the door said "Cafe Huston - since 1983". I am not sure if that is a reference to his career starting with the Loop or not, but I know that it has not been open since 1983!

Also - welcome JBarber - thought we would never see you contribute! Check the bottom of the page, you can see who is logged in and reading the post when you are there.

The Established 1983 is a reference to the Marriage of the owners! Clever I thought. I had to ask if there was another place of if that was the date they started The Loop. If you came around 6:15, thetoolman, definately saw me.

:D

The Established 1983 is a reference to the Marriage of the owners! Clever I thought. I had to ask if there was another place of if that was the date they started The Loop. If you came around 6:15, thetoolman, definately saw me.

:D

TJ, You sure seem to know a lot of inside information about this establishment...Are you working there at night now? If so, I'll be looking out for you as I'm having dinner there tonight. :)

Archived