Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shades:

Great to meet you in person at Huston's last night, TJ! :) Pehaps we'll have more time to chat one day when it's not so busy.

Ate at Huston's last night for dinner....very much like The Loop & very good. Food was great, service was friendly & efficient, pricing was reasonable. Also impressed that the owner, Ray Huston, was out on the floor talking with customers & employees the whole time we were there. Seemed to have his finger on the pulse....we'll definitely be back! Now, I've just got to time it right to get into Miller's Ale House...Ha!

Juana has an update on Macaroni Grill this morning- saying the permits are held up - "We've been trying to get a permit for the last three months".

Could be starting as soon as the end of this month.

She also had news on Fusions, which is now open on Monroe by 5ht/6th, and that Rotisserie Grill is changing to a Boston Market (the regular concept). A friend of mine in the restaurant biz predicted that concept would not last.

Hey all,

Ate at Fusions last night and was quite impressed. Very modern decor with funky lighting (although a tad bright) The food is in the line of the Mozaic, Kool Beanz family ie combining seemingly disparate flavors in interesting ways and nice presentation...Prices are comparable to those restaurants as well. Service was friendly and fairly attentive. My glass was never empty :)

I was also struck by the fellow diners. A mix of college students, suits, the ladies who lunch, post collegiate professionals, and a Minnie Pearl look-a-like...Ah diversity!

Check it out.

Thanks for the review Alan. Where is Fusions?

Yes...Thanks for the review of "Fusions", AiT! I haven't had a chance to eat there yet myself but several of my co-workers have & they all had good things to say about the food, the service & the pricing.

TJ, "Fusions" is in The Boardwalk strip plaza on the East side of North Monroe between 5th & 6th Avenues. "Fusions" is in the NE corner of this plaza. Just look for the rope light outlining the glass.

Speaking of this area, it appears the old "Dunkin Doughnuts" place at 6th & Monroe that went independent & changed their name to "Simply Delicious" didn't last long. The sign out front says CLOSED & they appear to be out of business.

I saw that too about the old D.D. But last night as I drove by I saw workers in there. They looked like they were painting but at 30 mph it's hard to tell even if you aren't driving. So I'm not sure if they were just taking down stuff from the old place or already in the process of fixing it up for something else?????

^ So does that mean they've moved out of their John Knox location?

Hey poonther - Glad you made it back home safely to sweet Tally! I drove past the John Knox location of Los Compadres tonight. They were still open & business appeared to be good. Also drove past the new North Monroe location & from the looks of their full parking lot business seemed to be doing well there also.

^ Thanks for the update and warm comments there Glenn, but guess what??? I've left town again. :(

But only for the weekend and only over to Bay County to visit the parental units. I'll be back Sunday for a full week and of course I'm going to Springtime Tally since I'm a bead/candy grabbing freak.

Man Poonther, You've become quite the traveler lately. Have a great time in PC with the folks this weekend. Ahhh, the memories of when I lived in PC several years ago....many great times but then I had to move to Tally to make some $$$...not a bad thing though...Ha! :lol: I LOVE Tallahassee!

• 2 weeks later...

Fusions Lunch Review

Hey all,

Had a chance to check out lunch at Fusions and was very surprised about how reasonable the prices were for lunch. The food is not as complex as for dinner but yummy nonetheless. Sorta fills the void of the lunch style Om left behind when it closed and Decent Pizza took its place.

Midtown Tally seems to be turning into a hub of good restaurants and bars...

• 2 weeks later...

On my way out of town yesterday, I noticed that the Italian Pie restaurant on North Monroe is now closed. I figured that was going to happen since the food and the service at that location was dismal. Can anyone report on the status of the better operated original Italian Pie on CC? Is it still open w/business as usual?

I think that location (Italian Pie on North Monroe) is cursed. Several restaurants have come and gone from the location. It seems like w/the right people/restaurant that location would be a gold mine. The visiblity is good, the ingress/egress is pretty good, there's tons of parking and there's a large working population behind them (BPR/DCF) for the all important Tally lunch crowd. Wonder what gives and why no one can seem to make this location work?

Archived