Spartanburg Journal Discussion

Spartan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of TBA's from this past week:

The 2nd marble Slab located on the westside is about complete.

the Spartanburg Chamber is hosting an informal gathering of business folks, lobbyists, public officials to get more people involved in networking

Expect to hear a rather large economic development announcement coming from the City of Spartanburg relatively soon...

TBA's:

A Charleston-based restaurant group is bringing the Dagwood's Sandwich Shoppes to Spartanburg. no time frame or location yet...

A new pizza place is coming to the Eastside near Wal-mart. it is a national chain and the first of it's kind on the Eastside

Work continues on making the Master plan a reality.....

Several group have toured the Beaumont Mills site, but no offers yet....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It sounds as though it is the Easton Marketplace development we have known about for quite awhile now. Spartan, you will be glad to know this information from the early version of the article:

Plans for the master development on nearly 200 acres also include 140 single-family homes and 280 luxury apartments, Centennial said.

I found an old copy of the Journal, I forget when it was dated- but it says that the City is looking to put a pavilion downtown at the top of Morgan Square. This would be the second or third time in Spartanburg's history that this has been done.

The same issue said that a new developer was looking to build more condos downtown- it hinted at the vacant site on Main St, but I was under the impression Johnson owned that one, so I'm at a loss. Definitely on Main St though.

Carolina Alliance Bank is starting to go up... a continuation of the Kennedy St boom that has been occuring over the past couple of years.

That actually is exactly what I had imagined for Morgan Square. Having such a visually-pleasing and permanent structure (a large gazebo) in place right there in the midst of the businesses, shopping, and dining will really become a draw for people who normally would hesitate to stay longer on the square. Once the trees mature, that will be an extremely attractive centerpiece - an icon - for the city. :thumbsup:

Archived