Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You left out First Pres at the center of the cross. :thumbsup:

McBee was a Scotch Irish Presbyterian, which is why when he was dividing the land for churches, he gave the Presbyterian church the middle position. I believe he had family Episcopal connections, so Christ Church got the spot at the highest point.

He also started the Octagon church near Conestee as well.

Morning edition:

Another obligatory shot -- everyone has one! Liberty Bridge from below... I like this because you can see the "workings" of the bridge - Greenville's own wonder - the curvature and size (by comparison to the people walking above).

500733438_772378ec3f_o.jpg

Cricket

***Edited because the coffee hasn't set in yet...***

Edited by Cricket

I would really love to make it to one of the movie showings. I'm seldom in Greenville in the evenings to take in the night life. Oh whoa is the 104 mile round trip commute from home -- every work day... it's very hard to hang around Greenville after work with family at home to take care of. Now, if they play Arsenic and Old Lace... that's a different story!! It's a favorite in our house. We'll be there will bells on - dang the miles!

Cricket

I would really love to make it to one of the movie showings. I'm seldom in Greenville in the evenings to take in the night life. Oh whoa is the 104 mile round trip commute from home -- every work day... it's very hard to hang around Greenville after work with family at home to take care of. Now, if they play Arsenic and Old Lace... that's a different story!! It's a favorite in our house. We'll be there will bells on - dang the miles!

Cricket

That's an intense commute. We'd love to have you as a resident. :)

That's an intense commute. We'd love to have you as a resident. :)

Aw, thanks GvilleSC! Actually, where we live - on Lake Hartwell - is basically half way between our jobs. DH works in Toccoa and me in Greenville... daughter commutes to Clemson U. AND... I just CAN'T give up the lake!! Our petrol costs at present are just over $800 a month!!!

Cricket

I'm gonna break the rules (or at least leave stretch marks on them) and post two shots from today:

Afternoon edition:

My daughter says that these two pics look "spacy". Imaging that the sky is really the ocean from space and the building is a space station (especially with the "wings"):

502615322_f2f0cb1adc_o.jpg

This one I left the adapter ring on the end of the lense which causes the "earthly" effect. Again, the fancy space station with its brick veneer...

502615334_749eb1443e_o.jpg

Cricket

fancy space station with its brick veneer...

Since I can't take any Greenville pics, I thought I'd have some fun and play with yours, taking your idea one step further. A sloppy job, I'll admit, but I don't have any fancy software or patience.

riverspace.jpg

If you have a problem with me posting this, just send me a PM, and I'll get rid of it.