Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, y'all! I'm sure whitehourseview and linkerj already knew this, but did the rest of you know that there's a Greenville County Bicentennial Time Capsule burried in front of the court house? If anyone's around on March 29, 2086, you'll get to see it opened. :thumbsup:

Wow, cool. I had no idea. Was it burried in 1886?

Sunday's afternoon edition:

487118428_eb6bc60806_b.jpg

I wish there were more developments like this around downtown. Hopefully more will pop up like Pendleton West.

Nice photo, GvilleSC! That's arguably my very favorite part of town, right there! I agree that there should be lots more infill like this in town.

Cricket, I just hope he is not hunting this friendly Mama Bear.

Naw.... Didn't Nakoma like Ben on Grizzly Adams? For you youngins, Grizzly Adams was a TV show... Nakoma was his Grizzly's Indian sidekick and Ben was the pet bear.

Cricket

I've long enjoyed viewing the pictures you guys & gals have taken. I figured it was time for me to post a few as well...

This is from Friday, May 4, around 6am.

A fabulous shot! I'm just gonna have to get out of bed early one of these days and hit the park before sunrise. (Read REAL EARLY as I live 50 miles away!) The streak of red in the background from a passing motorist adds a bit of colorful bang. How long was your exposure?

Cricket

I believe it was set to 15 seconds. Camera is a Canon Powershot A570. I hope to upgrade to a digi SLR in the future, but for now I'm thrilled with the quality of pictures I get from my Canon.

The red streak was a jeep making a U-turn at the Governor's School driveway :)