Businesses I would like to see Downtown

ChadKRagland

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like others have said a nice Sports Bar/Grill would get my business a lot. I don't care if its a mom&pop or a chain like my favorite Ale House, or Hooters/Buffalo Wild Wings, etc. Something above a whole in the wall, but where I can watch all the games with a nice crowd and not pay $6+ for a beer and $10+ for a sub-par burger.

I pesonally like the ClubHouse on Pine. Food is good, plenty of screens, cute waiteresess and prices that are not too bad. They also have a screen and sound (and a bar for games) outside.

Is Johnny's Filling Station still going in on Church Street?
i was at johnny's watching the [very sad] liberty bowl game, and, as usual, it was packed and the food was fantastic. while it seems many local businesses don't ever find the perfect formula for success, johnny's has. what a boon to church street those burgers would be!

Is Johnny's Filling Station still going in on Church Street?

They are opening another restaurant next to the its current location called "Johnny's Other Side" (or something like that), but I haven't heard of anything opening on Church Street. Anyone hear anything?

I know we are getting a Publix downtown soon, but I would like to see a fruit stand like Pop's Produce somewhere in the downtown core.

My last trip to Boston at the end of October yielded a trip to Trader Joes. I finally know what everyone has been talking about. We need that chain in our metro to show everyone how much we are getting ripped by Publix. I would like one of those and it would be really cool if it they put one near the future rail station. Yes, I can wait the few years it will take to get that train, too.

any other new businesses opening on church soon? thisp lace is alive and kicking again.. i remember jungle jims still.

I was heading up north OBT a week ago and noticed a Jungle Jim's sign on the front of a warehouse building. Does anyone know what that is all about? Are they storing all the cool memorabilia from the restaurants there?

ESPN Zone?

Dave and Busters?

Orlando Sports Store?

Ron John Surf Shop Store or some kind of Beach Store?

Ooooh, Dave and Busters...that place is fun. It strikes me as odd why they have not already located in Orlando. Although I would like them downtown, they are probably better suited by Pointe Orlando.

I think the Magic store is on Colonial on the opposite side of I-4 from the FanAttic. Is it still there?

I think the Predators had a shop/office at 20 N. Orange (Wachovia building) first floor. Many years ago since I've been in that building.

The FanAttic was torn down about 6 months ago to make room for the next phase of I4 improvements coming in a couple of years.

they shouldnt make any magic store as much as i like the team because it seems no one buys their stuff..if they were to open one..it hsould be in idrive somewhere bc im sure tourists would buy some gear.

I've been searching Hi and low for some good Magic gear but can't seem to find any. For whatever reason, their merchandise has been downright ugly lately. I remember in the 90's they had some nice stuff that I would have wore even if I wasn't a Magic fan. Sorry for straying from the subject.

RDV Sports Complex in Maitland and FanAttic store that use to be in Altamonte Springs use to sell Orlando Sports Teams stuff.

Dave's and Busters would be good also on International Drive, on west Highway 50,Altamonte Springs,Sanford and so on.

ESPN Club is at Downtown Disney.

Disney Store?

Maybe Orlando's new Sports Station wiill start their own Sports Bar and Grill and put one their?

Besides Publix maybe Save-A Lot or Aldi?

Food Court?

Mall?

Taco Bell/KFC/AW/Pizza Hunt/Long John Silvers?

Sport Clips?

Papa Murphy's?

Steve and Barry's is a College Sports Store.

Cummunity Center?

Sonic?

Buffet restaruant?

Hibbet Sports?

RDV Sports Complex in Maitland and FanAttic store that use to be in Altamonte Springs use to sell Orlando Sports Teams stuff.

Dave's and Busters would be good also on International Drive, on west Highway 50,Altamonte Springs,Sanford and so on.

Disney Store?

Maybe 740 the team wiill start their own Sports Bar and Grill and put one their?

Food Court?

Mall?

Sport Clips?

Papa Murphy's?

The Fan-Attic in West Oaks Mall and downtown had been closed for years before it was demoed. (I assume for a drainage pond.)

I can't see a Disney store surviving. Aldi prefers stand alone locations and we were supposed to get 12 last year and it never happened. I think H&M and store like it Aeropostale and Hollister may go good downtown to create an outdoor urban mall. As far as a 740 the team sports bar.....there was a thread like 2 weeks ago that said 740 was changing its formatting so that's not gonna happen.

Disney Store?

Maybe 740 the team wiill start their own Sports Bar and Grill and put one their?

Food Court?

Mall?

Sport Clips?

Papa Murphy's?

There is a store in the Festival Bay Mall.I cant think of the name of the store its like Steve&Barry's i think they carry all kids of sports gear especially jersy's and t shirts and magic stuff

• 2 weeks later...

There is a key place next to Stirling Realty on Central/Rosalynd

There is a paint store on Orange 3 blocks north of Colonial

Yes, no downtown grocery stores or hardware exist.

I often walk around downtown and find many places that I never knew existed. Downtown businesses make NO effort to reach out to the downtown residents or try to understand their needs. There is plenty of business to be had if these places made themselves convenient and available. All the inexpensive sandwich shoppes close down after lunch which I think is a slap in the face to downtown residents.

The closest hardware to downtown has to be Thompson Lumber on Gore by the tracks and ACE across from Chipotle on Orange and Grant. None in the CBD

There is a key place next to Stirling Realty on Central/Rosalynd

There is a paint store on Orange 3 blocks north of Colonial

Yes, no downtown grocery stores or hardware exist.

I often walk around downtown and find many places that I never knew existed. Downtown businesses make NO effort to reach out to the downtown residents or try to understand their needs. There is plenty of business to be had if these places made themselves convenient and available. All the inexpensive sandwich shoppes close down after lunch which I think is a slap in the face to downtown residents.

I literally just discovered the key place a half hour ago. Downtown businesses really don't make even the slightest bit of effort to reach out to people. Roho is a classic example. If I'm not mistaken they are closed already, practically no room inside, I'm sure they have ridiculous prices and only a short amount of hours they are actually open during the day. Yeah the business market is there during the day, but wouldn't the night crowd that is alive and well downtown be just as important? I know for a fact people drink coffee well into the wee hours of the morning, what is the logic behind this? It's as if they are to afraid to stay open for fear of losing money but yet they aren't even open during potential peak business hours. Metro Espresso is another classic example, every time I walk in there they always rush you to decide what you want to eat. As if I have ever seen anymore than two customers in there at the time. Oh thats right the lady that is usually there is to busy watching her kids instead of having them in daycare. Oh well. Ok I'm stepping off the box now.

Archived