Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

Hey Ukrop, have the family consider placing a store in the area, please? Thank you.

But you can't have a huge parking lot though, try to come up with something different, for the setting. A grocery store with a deck... hmmm... think about it! ;)

Edited by Cadeho

Thanks for the update! What an improvement!

Project Details:

Rockett's Landing will include:

* - Riverfront Promenade

* - Restaurants

* - Shops

* - Convenience Retail

* - Private Marina

* - Pool

* - Fitness Center

* - Virginia Capital Trail

* - Offices

* - Full-Service Hotel

* - 45 Acres

* - 1 1/2 miles of Riverfront

* - 1,500 Residences

* - Estimated Completion: 2015

Some images from the Rockett's website:

Phase I Bird's Eye

img_homes_currentAvailability-02.jpg

"Phase One of our community includes 41 townhomes, more than 250 condominium homes in the luxury Fall Line and Sky Line buildings and a historically renovated Cedar Works building - all with exceptional city, river and neighborhood views. Our first residents move in Spring 2007."

Townhouse renderings:

img_homes_luxuryTownhomes.jpg

img_homes_luxuryTownhomes-02.jpg

Coming Soon: 210 ROCK

img_coming_soon.jpg

"This spring, we'll announce the newest building coming to Rocketts Landing: 210 Rock. This six-story condominium building will bring a new, innovative design to our cityscape along with the neighborhood's first retail space. With soaring glass walls, spacious balconies, and cool metal accents, it's a modern take on the same sophisticated elegance you expect from Rocketts Landing."

Rockett's Promenade

img_aboutUs_retailOffice.jpg

Construction Progress and Photos

..."the vision for Rocketts Landing is to revive Richmond's eastern riverfront much like Boston transformed the old-town of Faneuil Hall and Baltimore created a beautiful inner harbor."

And last but not least, this photo from the website is great:

Construction_-_Sky_Line_3.jpg

Yay! I just have one question.. it looks like "210 Rock" will be replacing the older design for the condominium building "Old Main." Does anyone have any information on this?

P.S. -- "Rockett's Promenade" will be the next section of Rocketts to be built.

Edited by TBurban

This past Friday, I went to the Preview Center to get an update:

The FORMER Boat Club Condo has been renamed 210 ROK. It is currently under construction. The next to buildings are in design. One will be on the Richmond side and the other in Henrico. The Richmond side will be a 150 foot tower that is to be built near the City's proposed marina. (This tower is not in any renderings of Rocketts Landing.) The purpose of building this structure out from the main clump of development is to help jumpstart the proposed waterfront retail from the City's marina towards the current phase. The Henrico side building will be due south of the current phase. The building will be about the height of Skyline.

I received an email from Rocketts Landing a few days ago announcing that they will be offering "an exclusive building tour where you'll get a chance to enjoy spectacular views from one of our Fall Line penthouses and the 2nd floor terrace. Plus, catch a glimpse of our nearly completed Cedar Works Condominium builing." The event is on Saturday, April 21st and is open to the public, but you must RSVP by APRIL 16 to reserve your space. Click on this link for more details.

Edited by gntrphoo

The rendering beneath the invitation shows the proposed highrise as taller than the water tank. It will probably top out at about 15 stories.

I do wish that all of the building were not flat tops. The original plan has lots of mansard roofs, but none of them has risen yet.

Edited by burt

I'd love to attend, but darn it, why isn't it in the morning?! Everything conflicts with work these days.

I was able to attend the Rockett's Landing event today. Overall I'm very impressed. Some of the views are INCREDIBLE. The one nitpick thing that bothered me was the use of gold hardware (hinges, doorknobs) mixed with stainless steel towel racks, faucets, etc. in the bathrooms/kitchen. Obviously not expensive to change but something I would think an average developer would not confuse. Move in will start mid-May for some residents. I took a lot of pictures and I'll try to post them this weekend.

JSI I'm glad to hear how promising it is. Like i've said before Rocketts Landing is a place one day where i'd like to live. Its gonna be one amazing place to go to once its all built out. I'll be waiting to see your pics JSI.

I'm looking forward to your Rocketts Landing pictures, too, JSI.

Markbo stole my thunder but here are some additional pictures:

rocketts009.jpg

rocketts007.jpg

Echo Harbor:

rocketts018.jpg

rocketts014.jpg

rocketts016.jpg

rocketts024.jpg

Foundations for the townhouses:

rocketts021.jpg

rocketts025.jpg

Anybody know what this used to be? Also the railroad track is where the capital trailway will go:

rocketts029.jpg

There will be a cool water feature at the bottom of the community patio:

rocketts027.jpg

rocketts026.jpg

rocketts020.jpg

rocketts019.jpg

rocketts010.jpg

rocketts003.jpg

Anybody know what this used to be? Also the railroad track is where the capital trailway will go:

rocketts029.jpg

Great Pictures everyone and welcome Markbo. I believe that used to be a brewery many years ago. I could be making this up but I think I heard it was Yeungling's Richmond brewery.

Great Pictures everyone and welcome Markbo. I believe that used to be a brewery many years ago. I could be making this up but I think I heard it was Yeungling's Richmond brewery.

I never had a name attached to it, but I always knew it as "the old German brewery." My aunt dug up some flowers from there back in 1990.

I never had a name attached to it, but I always knew it as "the old German brewery." My aunt dug up some flowers from there back in 1990.

That is a former Yuengling brewery that closed, I believe, in the late 1800s. The plans are to use the facade as a cafe and have a park like area on the "roof." I am curious to see how the reuse will come out in comparison to the rendering. The rendering shows the cafe as having its entrance level with the railroad and the current ground. With the installation of that railroad, it appears, that they leveled the ground out to make it a good 6-8 feet above brewery floor. The archways of the interior doorways are barely visible above the waterline, as the building is flooded up to ground level.

I need to stop trying to type and work. I am sick of editing.

Edited by Icetera

I was able to attend the Rockett's Landing event today. Overall I'm very impressed. Some of the views are INCREDIBLE. The one nitpick thing that bothered me was the use of gold hardware (hinges, doorknobs) mixed with stainless steel towel racks, faucets, etc. in the bathrooms/kitchen. Obviously not expensive to change but something I would think an average developer would not confuse. Move in will start mid-May for some residents. I took a lot of pictures and I'll try to post them this weekend.

Hi! New here... :blush: Just wanted to let you know that the use of "gold hardware" is only scheduled for the Fall Line -- thank goodness. (It bothered me, too.)