The Atlanta Highrise Boom!

Martinman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mellinium Arch thread seems to be dead so I moved this over here.

The MA & Capitol Gateway are two big players in our next wave.

I'm trying to like the Millinium Arch. As for its location... that's a lost cause for me. I don't think I will ever like it because the scale and architecture are out of place. Atlantic Station looks great but the apartment buildings will be cheapend by the over-blown-classical nature of the arch.

Too late, I know but...

Have you heard about the idea to put a park over the downtown connector at the state capitol building. On the other side of this new park would be another linear park terminating at Oakland Cemetary. The project that the park will go through is called (and under construction now) Capitol Gateway.

CAPITOL GATEWAY!!!!

Is the arch not a gateway to the next 1,000 years for Georgia.

Here is the CG link.

http://www.atlantahousingauth.org/investme...n=capitol_homes

Why was this not a catalyst to build the park and anchor it with an arch that out one side looked toward Oakland and out the otherside, the gold dome of our capitol building??? An amazing peace of classical architecture.

Check out the park if you don't already know about it. Go to the Summary Brochere. Look for the Capitol in the SE corner of downtown and notice the park over 85/75.

http://www.atlantadowntown.com/ImagineDown..._The_Vision.asp

enjoy!

LOL! I love their video of the building -- it makes me -- it makes me wish I had some culture instead of just being a dang Georgia redneck.

I really really love this building better now. Novare is really trying to reach a certain clientele with the music on their website. If I didn't have others to consider, I would be more inclined now to live there than before....and the music would be the kicker for me. It's like Novare is trying to wrestle away a slightly younger set from say the 2500Peachtree building. Now that building makes you feel like a million bucks.

I really really love this building better now. Novare is really trying to reach a certain clientele with the music on their website. If I didn't have others to consider, I would be more inclined now to live there than before....and the music would be the kicker for me. It's like Novare is trying to wrestle away a slightly younger set from say the 2500Peachtree building. Now that building makes you feel like a million bucks.

Welcome back Lady Celeste!

If you really want to feel like a million bucks you should reserve one of the 50 residences that will be in the St Regis starting at a bargain $2.5 million. Hurry though because half of them have already been reserved.

;)

Planned St. Regis Hotel affirms Buckhead is polishing its image

^I bet Sam Massell would enjoy that article. ;)

But it really is nice to see Buckhead trying to better itself and improve itself. The St. Regis hotels will be a nice touch to the area and a good step towards its goal of becoming, as the article put it, "Atlanta's Rodeo Drive".

Welcome back Lady Celeste!

If you really want to feel like a million bucks you should reserve one of the 50 residences that will be in the St Regis starting at a bargain $2.5 million. Hurry though because half of them have already been reserved.

;)

Planned St. Regis Hotel affirms Buckhead is polishing its image

Thank you Martinman. I am breaking a promise but oh well since I can't get any coffee or....ummm....well I have to find an outlet somewhere.

Anywhoooooooooooooo

You know, I have had my eye on this development since it first broke. 2500Peachtree was nice when my husband and I went to look at it. The concierge attendees and other hired help were great. I have never been one to like living in neighborhoods priced from the 400's to $6 million. That seems like too big of a stretch to me. The St Regis, while I'm not too crazy about the location, is a great way to feel like a million bucks. If half of them are reserved, I can wager that they are all the best units.

Glassy, but otherwise not too impressive.

I think you're right krazeeboi but then again it's being built behind the other tower. The other tower is supposed to be the 'showiest' tower of them all. I just wish that they could have built the lesser towers first and saved the best for last. Glassy but borring, you're right.

The other tower is supposed to be the 'showiest' tower of them all. I just wish that they could have built the lesser towers first and saved the best for last. Glassy but borring, you're right.
I think it looks pretty cool. I could easily see this building in Manhattan or Sydney. Towers are fun but I think cities thrive on nice mid-size buildings like this.

The thing I like about the new tower is that it is glassey. But for a mid-rise that doesn't define the skyline the least that it could do is better define the street. There is some human scale but I still expect more from a development in Atlanta these days. We should all expect more from now on. We are no longer a small town honored to get anything. We have to start demanding more from developers.

Another possible condo development in Midtown. There is talk of a 20 story tower proposal called Luxe on 12th street between Piedmont and Juniper. Paces properties is the developer of what would be a high-end development near the Piedmont Park.

I marvel at the number of projects that have been announced in the Atlanta condo market. This will be yet another great addition to the burgeoning Midtown residential market.

Another possible condo development in Midtown. There is talk of a 20 story tower proposal called Luxe on 12th street between Piedmont and Juniper. Paces properties is the developer of what would be a high-end development near the Piedmont Park.

That's a shame...I always tought this sight (11th & 12th in between Piedmont & Juniper) would be perfect for high end Brownstones. Think Georgetown or the Back Bay of Boston.

Oh well, high rises for everyone!

Wow, how many condo projects are going up in midtown, a dozen or more? I can't keep up.

You know Andrea, I'm scared to even try to list just the condo going on in Midtown alone. I kow I will miss some development. :blush: I would wager that if I tried to guess, it would have to be at least 10 and that's counting high and midrise developments.

That's a shame...I always tought this sight (11th & 12th in between Piedmont & Juniper) would be perfect for high end Brownstones. Think Georgetown or the Back Bay of Boston.

Oh well, high rises for everyone!

I think Brownstones would be great along Monroe Dr.

Archived