The Atlanta Highrise Boom!

Martinman

The Atlanta Business Chronicle has a feature about the coming developments west of Centennial Park and the aquarium which included one that I had not heard of before.

(This is from the print edition which probably won't be online until Monday)

$50 Million, 29-story Atlantis Condo tower

238 condos

20 levels of residences, from $225,000 to $450,000

8 levels of parking

a ground level upscale restaurant

adjoining 12-story Atlantis Lofts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two new towers on tap both by out of town developers

First a rumor of a Midtown tower call Aqua (why?) next to Plaza Midtown at 10th and west peachtree. Will be more high end than anything currently in MIdtown with ~24 floors and only 2 units per floor.

And second yet another Buckhead proposal with 124 "top-shelf" hotel rooms and 35 exclusive residential units.

The Mansion on Peachtree

Mansion.jpg

They have begun prep work on the site and they are suppose to have groundbreaking in the 1st quarter of 2006. This is going to be 45 stories, whoever said it would be a be a little shorter than the Paramont at Buckhead, that doesn't make sense. The rendering looks taller than the Paramount and the first few floors look to be taller than the 10ft. floors. Also, this is going to be at a higher elevation than the Paamount, which is built in a whole.

^^45 floors would make it similar to Park Avenue which has quite a presence and you can see it driving down 85 in gwinnett.

That is one beautiful tower

Gee, that Mansion building really is good looking. I think there are a number of other significant projects for that part of town which are approved and possibly not that far from coming out of the ground.

On Aqua...several insiders in the biz have mentioned to me privately that they do not believe Aqua will ever break groud...hopefully they are wrong.

This might prove them wrong.

Here is a rendering of Aqua someone posted on another site:

Aqua.jpg

It still has the same stats (# of floors, condos, etc) that Martinman mentioned.

Hello all! I am from Winter Park (Orlando) Florida, and attend school at FSU. I have started watching this board a lot more lately, because of my interest in moving to Atlanta, specifically the Buckhead area, after graduation. All these new projects look great. Without going back and reading every post in this thread, could someone give a quick summary as to where the main development will be happening? Hopefully in midtown, as it seems to be the only major gap in the city. It needs lots of infill.

Also, could anyone possibly make a site map, such as the one in the Orlando forum? I know its a ton of work but it provides a great perspective. (or is there one already?) Ok, im done being the new guy!

Thanks a lot!

What is that construction that is going on on 85/75 right by the Suntrust Plaza? It is right after where 12 CP is if your going south. It looks like a giant wall.

the projects in that area include Twelve CH, and Allen Plaza. As far as I know, that is it, so if it's not Twelve, it has to be one of the Allen Plaza buildings...unless you are maybe referring to the new World of Coke???

the projects in that area include Twelve CH, and Allen Plaza. As far as I know, that is it, so if it's not Twelve, it has to be one of the Allen Plaza buildings...unless you are maybe referring to the new World of Coke???

I didn't know they had actually started building the New World of Coke.

IC did you forget about the Coke World webcam. You can see part of the structure rising already.

http://www.oxblue.com/client/woc/

LOL! I guess I didn't check it.

I checked it a few days ago and there was still nothing but site prep going on. I didn't they'd do that much over a few days.

Hello everyone,

I just registered to post on these forums but have been a reader for awhile now. So I decided to start posting.

You guys are talking about the oxblue cams and I was browsing through their site and noticed something in the banner on the home page. After the flash scrolls through a few examples it goes to stills and the second still that is shown is from Allen Plaza or at least Atlanta. I can see the SunTrust tower in the background. But I'm not sure what building is being constructed. And is anyone able to get to this webcam to see if this is in fact Allen Plaza?

And is there a way to just browse through the various webcams of other sites in different cities that aren't the three demos on the main site? How are we able to look at the WoC?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Some asked so here's my best effort at an update on all of the planned / proposed towers that we know about ( I know there are other proposals for Buckhead but I can't keep up with them all)

Midtown

Aqua - 24 stories, residential

Aqua.jpg

Twelve 14th Street - 55 stories, mixed-use, office/residential/hotel

ACPIII.jpg

845 Peachtree - One 43 story and one 30 story tower, residential

49996040.jpg

Trammell Crow Beltline project - 25 stories, two towers, residential (controversial, probably not going to happen)

big2.jpg

Onyx - 15 stories, residential

72onyx.jpg

Midtown Square - ~30 stories, mixed-use, office/residential/retail (long-term planned)

MidtownSquare2.jpg

Atlantic Station II - 14 stories office

GetImage.jpg

Daniel Corp/Selig Peachtree project - 25-35 stories, residential

No rendering

615 Peachtree - ~40 stories, residential

No rendering

Holder 14th street - 29 stories, office

No rendering

166 16th Street - 29 stories, residential

No rendering

Buckhead

3344 Peachtree - 47 stories, mixed use, office/residential (planned construction start in late '05/ early'06)

3344peachtree39xw.jpg

St. Regis - 26 stories, hotel/residential

stregis9zp.png

Gallery - 26 stories, residential (construction to begin soon)

Rendering_8.jpg

The Mansion on Peachtree - 45 stories, hotel/residential

Mansion.jpg

Two Alliance Center - 20 stories, office

180.jpg

Downtown

50 Allen Plaza - 37 stories, office

50_allenplaza_main_2.jpg

45 Allen Plaza - 19 stories, W hotel/residential

over_LG_night.jpg

Atlantis Tower - 29 stories, residential

Post Centennial Hill - two 20 - 40 story residential towers

No rendering

3344 is the most impressive tower to be built in atlanta in a while! It will most likely be added to my list of favorites/King and Queen towers, Suntrust. I also like the aqua rendering, nice building; follows suit w/ a lot of the new condo developments going up. I appreciate the Manson on Peachtree rendering; much different than the one I've seen. Does anyone know when construction on the Block ( I believe was the name) in downtown will begin?

Archived