Icon on Bond

torgo

Sorry if you are feeling personally attacked GRDadof3...I did not mean it as such. Rather, I offered a different point of view to some of the comments I'd read. I do not think what I wrote was nearly as offensive as any number of comments I've read on UP (some directed at me). If you want to call me and discuss it I'll be glad to explain my opinion outside of this forum but I stand by my comments which were hardly a personal attack.

I made two points:

1) the public does get significant opportunity to weigh in on development projects

2) taking shots at developers is a whole lot easier than doing a project

As the moderator I am sure you realize that without people doing projects, this forum has little purpose.

Again, my apologies if you were offended.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made two points:

1) the public does get significant opportunity to weigh in on development projects

2) taking shots at developers is a whole lot easier than doing a project

As the moderator I am sure you realize that without people doing projects, this forum has little purpose.

Again, my apologies if you were offended.

1) The problem is that just because people are allowed to voice opinions does not mean they are heard. Many times those holding office allow low quality design because of potential jobs and development. Are we trying to build a quality city or are we simply trying to fill land?

2) Doing a high quality project is harder than doing a simple lower cost one.

• 2 weeks later...

Not many pictures of this project lately, but here ya go.

The exterior is pretty much finished it appears:

575192044_b160c23e4b.jpg

(click any image for larger image)

Trowbridge under construction:

575192090_d05d417a67.jpg

I think I remember hearing that they had to build up Bond Street because it had sunk so much over the years, and that's why the retaining walls were built in the back of the county-owned parking lot:

575192134_757feb01a0.jpg

Bond Street rebuild looking South toward downtown:

575380091_c07abfd1a1.jpg

Not saying a word...

575380103_c150f6a706.jpg

Bond Street looking North:

575380137_d9c6a9249d.jpg

Future hotel site across the street:

575191878_8e3193abd6.jpg

First real development in area, best soundproofing, lowest association fees at .22 per sq ft, comfortable covered parking and ren zone! Bravo Mr. Moch bravo! You make a fellow Catholic Central Alumni real proud. It's no wonder why an invest group out of Utah liked your project best and decided to invest in 40 plus units.

Thanks for posting the pics a page back, Dad. You know, the first floor (wall) does not bother me.

I don't see the base of this building as particularly unwelcoming. I find the colors of the materials

warm and attractive.

What would bother me more than the thoughtfully laid out patterns of brick and stone and the well

placed planters that hopefully will be filled with interesting greenery, is more big windows behind

which sit empty storefronts! It seems that it only feels 'wall-like' when right at street level - nothing

to peer into - but what, exactly, do you want to see?

If I was a resident purchasing in the building I would like being above the street in my home if

I were on that first condo floor. I mean, the higher up you live, the higher the price generally, yes?

And if choosing to live in a 'high-rise' - that's the feeling I would want - of being higher up, even if it

were just 15-20 feet. So, from the inside, the building probably feels good, and private, and home-like.

Going through a model would probably confirm this, although I avoid these tours as they tend to give

me condo-envy!

First real development in area, best soundproofing, lowest association fees at .22 per sq ft, comfortable covered parking and ren zone! Bravo Mr. Moch bravo! You make a fellow Catholic Central Alumni real proud. It's no wonder why an invest group out of Utah liked your project best and decided to invest in 40 plus units.

The wall is bad. I don't think there's anyway to sugarcoat that fortress wall. If that wall was done better this building could've been an A, but as it stands from the 2nd floor up its a great project and a definite plus over what it replaced.

Speaking of which, where is the main entrance? Is it on the North side? Has anyone seen the plans? Does it have a canopy / overhang?

Joe

I walked the sidewalk infront of the building (or back... whatever the west side is.) And the wall didn't seem that bad.

I wonder when we'll see a rendering of the hotel kitty corner to it.

The main entrance I believe is on the west side of the building, on the north end. I think it would have made more sense to have it closer to Trowbridge, but whatever) You can just see the windows peeking above the freeway in sparky's picture. Don't know if there will be a canopy.

The main entrance I believe is on the west side of the building, on the north end. I think it would have made more sense to have it closer to Trowbridge, but whatever) You can just see the windows peeking above the freeway in sparky's picture. Don't know if there will be a canopy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
its called a "smart" car. they are everywhere in Europe... They are incredibly tiny were talking tight for one! supposedly trying to get them into the US but I guess they are not very safe (imagine a collision with a semi!)

Archived