Icon on Bond

torgo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Part of it is also owned by the County. They want an astronomical amount of money for both lots, so don't hold your breath. I'm tired of the land hoarders downtown. They're the ones answering the business journal poll saying they want GR to stay the way it is, because they might lose their precious parking spot.

It sort of goes in chunks. There's no cohesiveness to Monroe North. You have the body shop, the empty grass lot on the riverfront across the street (that used to be a motel), then more parking lots, then Monroe Terrace and its gardens are very nice, the big power plant across the street, then Brassworks is very nice and pedestrian friendly, and the park across the street is very nice (except there is too much parking lot, would make nice volleyball courts), then the WAM site vacant and scattered parking lots, then Landmark Lofts and the 6th Street Bridge. The strange mixture of buildings that house the church. Then the building that houses Lafontsee could use a makeover, then Boardwalk and the park across the street. It definitely has its shining moments, mixed with warts.

I wouldn't call it a wasteland except for the parking lots I outlined above.

• 1 month later...

Archived