Centennial Tower

eandslee

I think a big part of it is that a lot of Richmond's growth took place in the late 80's and early 90's before downtowns were trendy. All the corporate honchos wanted their own building in an office park in the suburbs. Just think if the square footage in the Arboretum, The Boulders and Innsbrook had been built downtown instead. The skyline would probably rival Atlanta's.

I think a big part of it is that a lot of Richmond's growth took place in the late 80's and early 90's before downtowns were trendy. All the corporate honchos wanted their own building in an office park in the suburbs. Just think if the square footage in the Arboretum, The Boulders and Innsbrook had been built downtown instead. The skyline would probably rival Atlanta's.

What if all of Atlanta's suburban office markets had built downtown? We'd NEVER catch up. :rofl: .

But agreed, Monk. There's considerably more square footage in the burbs than downtown. Every time a new company hints that they are moving to Richmond, most of us cross our fingers and hope they'll locate in the city core. But, more often than not, our cramped crossed extremities just get more gnarled.

But hey! We did win a biggie with Phillip Morris Research Center! A $300million 2-square block behemoth. :lol:

Coupe I have loads of faith to in centennial you know I was looking at the rendering of it really close a few days ago I looked at the very top part of it and I thought to myself it kind of looks like a flat spire its really not all the much of a flat building its just that the top of it looks really flat but it could work as a spire.

Heck, it would be a miracle if we just heard some more or updated news on this project! I thought we heard that some updated news would be available by December? Well, it's January and nothing...yet! I better not be disappointed when they finally do release some updated information or I will be very angry! :angry: I hope the wait will be worth it!

wouldn't that be nice for us i've always said the longer it takes to plann something the better it will be and hopefully since their taking so long they will come out with a top notch design and make it taller. But I looked on Goodsteins website and I think their slogan for the richmond developments is "developing the richmond skyline" or something like that that might mean there looking to do a whole lot more after centennial is done with. But i can't wait to hear more details. I remember just how long it took for them to say it could go up to 50 floors I think it was about 4 months untill they said it which was November. Maybe we'll have to wait another 4 months but I would hope not.

well Granby is only 34 you all don't have any towers right now pushing for 50 but we do and hoepfully it will reach 50 but I wish the best of luck for you all too casue your alls building designs are lot better than all of our ugly designs I just wish we could have better architects desgining these buildings. I also will say Granby Tower is the prettiest tower in the State of VA at this time but hopefully i will be more impressed with centennial

well Granby is only 34 you all don't have any towers right now pushing for 50 but we do and hoepfully it will reach 50 but I wish the best of luck for you all too casue your alls building designs are lot better than all of our ugly designs I just wish we could have better architects desgining these buildings. I also will say Granby Tower is the prettiest tower in the State of VA at this time but hopefully i will be more impressed with centennial

The only ugly tower there is the Monroe building. It just happens to be your tallest right now and its right next to 95

The only ugly tower there is the Monroe building. It just happens to be your tallest right now and its right next to 95

That is true, most of the other towers are actually quite nice. And don't complain about architects, just wait til CMSS is let loose on your city and then you'll be begging for your old architects. :lol:

lol...yeah the only highrises that are unattractive are the ones owned by the state... either the Monroe tower or the Soviet Union style other ones they built :)

I'm looking forward to hearing something just as much as you guys, but I understand that we just have to be patient. This building won't get started until next year. They've said that since the beginning. That's a lot of time to sit and wait!

lol...yeah the only highrises that are unattractive are the ones owned by the state... either the Monroe tower or the Soviet Union style other ones they built :)

I'm looking forward to hearing something just as much as you guys, but I understand that we just have to be patient. This building won't get started until next year. They've said that since the beginning. That's a lot of time to sit and wait!

You better hope you don't have to wait like we do on this stupid Hilton! <_<

That is true, most of the other towers are actually quite nice. And don't complain about architects, just wait til CMSS is let loose on your city and then you'll be begging for your old architects. :lol:

Remember, vdogg. Monroe is also YOUR tower. Since it's a state building your taxes helped pay for it. :rofl: