Centennial Tower

eandslee

Okay, for Centennial Towers, this is what we know...

The initial plan was for 2 25 story towers. However, Goodstein said that they were waiting for a market study to determine exactly how large the building would be. The market study came back late last year and they were very pleased with the results. Not long after that, they did some soil and ground testing to determine how tall they could build. They found that the ground could support a tower over 50 floors, if it was needed. Then, when I went to the downtown renaissance forum, the lady in charge of marketing for the project said that everything was going along very well. In fact, instead of starting construction in 2007, they wanted to break ground this year. She said demolition of existing buildings should occur in the not too distant future.

I later found out that they are still in predevelopment phase... we should learn a lot more about this project in about 2 1/2 months.

He has a point, this is Richmond, the project graveyard.

I do wish they'd get rid of the darned twin concept and just build one tall building and make it stylish... get rid of the brick... make it sleek as said above.

I'm sure it'll get off the ground, but I was just saying he has a point about how things go in our city. Sure it's not exclusive to us, but looking at the other cities, it looks like we have more things hit a brick wall than others.

They're forever kvetching in Hampton Roads about delay after delay - for instance, with Granby Tower. Are they or aren't they? As Coupe says, these things just take time. And besides, I can't understand why there is any alarm at all. Isn't the project right on schedule? I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

YES!! :lol: I just want to find out how tall it will be and the final makeup of the building (# of condos, retail tenants, office tenants, hotel etc)...

How tall did Westin end up being? 510 ft? My gut these days says that it will probably stay Virginia's tallest. Either that or all the quiet around this project means that it has changed in design significantly! I won't hold my breath though :lol: 25 stories would satisfy me, and the density it would add would definitely make me happy.

YES!! :lol: I just want to find out how tall it will be and the final makeup of the building (# of condos, retail tenants, office tenants, hotel etc)...

How tall did Westin end up being? 510 ft? My gut these days says that it will probably stay Virginia's tallest. Either that or all the quiet around this project means that it has changed in design significantly! I won't hold my breath though :lol: 25 stories would satisfy me, and the density it would add would definitely make me happy.

It fluctuates but according to now both the developers and architects website it is 38 stories and 512ft. That number has stayed fairly steady in recent weeks so hopefully that's the one we're settling on.

any luck?

Two of them emailed me back with "We are nearing the end of the pre-development phase, check back in a month of two." So at least theyre getting somehwere :w00t: Im very positive, that it will definately happen, and be at 25 stories or more.

Edited by TBurban