Centennial Tower

eandslee

Richmond Renaissance Update!

Neither Lenny Bayer nor Stephen Statts were present, but we did receive some updates on the project.

The speaker didn't mention any change in height as of yet, BUT she did mention the following:

They are currently in negotiations with a flagship retailer to anchor the retail portion of the project.

Demolition of existing buildings will begin in 2 months or less AND they intend to move the construction start date up as far as they can, with construction hopefully beginning this year.

It also seemed like they are trying to court MeadWestvaco as a site for its potential new HQ. If they do get MWV, the size of the project could change drastically.

Richmond Renaissance Update!

Neither Lenny Bayer nor Stephen Statts were present, but we did receive some updates on the project.

The speaker didn't mention any change in height as of yet, BUT she did mention the following:

They are currently in negotiations with a flagship retailer to anchor the retail portion of the project.

Demolition of existing buildings will begin in 2 months or less AND they intend to move the construction start date up as far as they can, with construction hopefully beginning this year.

It also seemed like they are trying to court MeadWestvaco as a site for its potential new HQ. If they do get MWV, the size of the project could change drastically.

That's a positive report. Now we'll all start speculating on the name of the anchor retailer. :lol: I wish they could land MeadWestvaco.

• 5 weeks later...

How come I'm not as excited about this building as everyone else is? I'm not going to miss the buildings its replacing, but something in me lags. And if it keeps that twin turret look, I won't be happy. We have enough twins and need a nice stylish sleek tower that lights up at night.

How come I'm not as excited about this building as everyone else is? I'm not going to miss the buildings its replacing, but something in me lags. And if it keeps that twin turret look, I won't be happy. We have enough twins and need a nice stylish sleek tower that lights up at night.

If you don't want them I'm sure Norfolk would take them off your hands. :D

Sure erdogs... you have the buildings Centennial is replacing! Hold off on the bulldozer Tommy... should we put big bows on them or should we wrap then then put the bows on?

No! We want Centennial, remember you don't want it. You can keep those old buildings and wait for that tall sleek and shiney building you really want.

• 2 weeks later...