Centennial Tower

eandslee

nothing.....Lenny's changed his tune since the early days :( For some reason, it seems like I have better luck with this kind of stuff when I'm AT school :lol: Maybe my grammar is better at school or something? haha. If so I is gon try to gets us them infomashun bout dees towers up der.

Yo! Yew do dat, broffa!

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37594671@N00/100580436/

Just thought it would be interesting to see what Centennial would look like in the skyline. Thought this might help. :thumbsup:

Whoa! I like that! That's only if they build it on the riverfront. They're actually planning to build it sort of near the Verizon building - set back a ways from the riverfront. I agree though...it's gonna look good in our skyline! Thanks RVA_tommy!

Did I or did I not read somewhere on this page that this project could reach as high as 50 floors? :wacko: Does anyone have an idea as to when they will actually release more details, or are they still trying to determine the market demand. :shok:

ps When I say 50 floors I'm asking per tower as opposed too 50 floors combined. :thumbsup:

Edited by Merrittk92

No, Merritt, the talk is about a height of 50 stories. Whether or not it would be two 50 story towers or just one hasn't been addressed. The Market Survey was so encouraging, Goodstein's news release hinted at a large expansion on the original 22 story pair of towers to POSSIBLY as high as 50 floors. Note I stressed the word Possibly.

However, now that Mead/Westvaco has announced relocation of its 400 person headquarters from Stamford to Richmond and the consolidation of 200 more employees currently here in Chesterfield, there is much speculation. M/WV has said they will require over 200,000 s/f in a new structure by 2008, and it's a certainty that Centennial, along with other proposed projects in Greater Richmond will be heavily lobbying the company.

Reports DID say Goodstein was looking at building the tower(s) up to 50 stories. Originally, their press release mentioned 2 25 story towers.

Now, they could have chosen to drop the 2-tower concept and opt for just one tall (50 story) tower instead. However, they seemed very encouraged by the market reports, so who knows. They do seem intent on building a landmark which is encouraging. I may find out more on March 2, though hopefully we'll hear more details before then. Work is to begin on the project in 2007.

Reports DID say Goodstein was looking at building the tower(s) up to 50 stories. Originally, their press release mentioned 2 25 story towers.

Now, they could have chosen to drop the 2-tower concept and opt for just one tall (50 story) tower instead. However, they seemed very encouraged by the market reports, so who knows. They do seem intent on building a landmark which is encouraging. I may find out more on March 2, though hopefully we'll hear more details before then. Work is to begin on the project in 2007.

[/quot:

Can't wait for a report on the Renaissance meeting!

Somehow I get the feeling that within the near future there will be an announcement that will "drop your jaw" coming out of Richmond. I love this competition with Norfolk, (not that its really about a competition with Norfolk, its simply simultaneous growth) so let the game of *Leap Frog* begin! :lol: IMO, in the end everyone in both communities as well as all of us throughout the Commonwealth will benefit. How? Well, not only with an increase in economic growth but also through the political leverage that will be associated with it. :shades: