Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would bet that many travel outside of Tallahassee to shop in Jacksonville, Orlando, Atlanta, etc. There aren't many choices (particularly on the high end) in this market. Many of the retail stores here aren't at the high end of individual chains. I personally buy most things online and have used Costco.com.

I originally joined Costco when I lived in other areas. I have shopped enough to justify my continued membership in my mind. I also have one of their affinity credit cards that pays rebates. I now do not have to swing through Atlanta to get my current rebate.

It would be interesting to do a comparison of similar cities with Tallahassee in terms of shopping options. My hunch is that we trail others at this time. However, the new developments may help close the gap. Tallahassee's relative isolation from larger cities also puts emphasis on this. It is a long haul to Jacksonville or anywhere else.

I am very happy that Costco is almost here. Perhaps my wife will give me some peace about the membership! ;-)

I would bet that many travel outside of Tallahassee to shop in Jacksonville, Orlando, Atlanta, etc. There aren't many choices (particularly on the high end) in this market. Many of the retail stores here aren't at the high end of individual chains. I personally buy most things online and have used Costco.com.

I originally joined Costco when I lived in other areas. I have shopped enough to justify my continued membership in my mind. I also have one of their affinity credit cards that pays rebates. I now do not have to swing through Atlanta to get my current rebate.

It would be interesting to do a comparison of similar cities with Tallahassee in terms of shopping options. My hunch is that we trail others at this time. However, the new developments may help close the gap. Tallahassee's relative isolation from larger cities also puts emphasis on this. It is a long haul to Jacksonville or anywhere else.

I am very happy that Costco is almost here. Perhaps my wife will give me some peace about the membership! ;-)

Haha, I wish you luck with that endeavor! Though since she'll have somewhere new to shop, that may help matters somewhat. I don't think I could justify a $50/year membership to myself if I could only realistically shop online. I love online shopping, but still, most of what I do is online browsing, and I can do that for free! :)

Plus, with Sams here, and their cheaper membership already in place, I can get most of what I would get at Costco. That's not to say that I won't end up getting a Costco membership, still thinking on that one.

I agree about Sams. However, my wife and I decided to join Costco last week since they are giving out $10 gifts cards with membership. Also, they will give a full refund up to 364 days after your join/renew if you are unhappy; so, we'll see if we are happy. :whistling:

Well, I tried to get gas at the Costco 3 separate times yesterday (April 1) and they were not open yet. I guess the people at the sign up location do not have their facts straight since they said the gas station was to open on April 1.

TD,

I believe I noticed on one of the other threads that you mentioned Wal-mart opening on April 9. Is that true? I only ask because I haven't seen any information on this lately and was curious. I did notice that semis have been backing up to the loading docks lately.

Interesting tidbit: The avg. salary at Costco is $18/hr. and mark ups on items are not to exceed 15%. Costco is often accused of looking out more for their customers and employees instead of their shareholders. However, their stock continues to perform well, even in periods of economic slowdown.

Interesting tidbit: The avg. salary at Costco is $18/hr. and mark ups on items are not to exceed 15%. Costco is often accused of looking out more for their customers and employees instead of their shareholders. However, their stock continues to perform well, even in periods of economic slowdown.

Archived